Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2004 f250 6.0 seems to have a rough idle (sounds like a muscle car) kinda, I unplugged the icp and seems to run the same so does that mean the sensor is bad? also driving down the road it starts to jerk/buck at around 45-50 but if give it gas it goes on and smooths out. could this all be related?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I had the same issue and had injector #5 failure. It idled rough and would jerk/buck and seemed to shift weird till it warmed up. Also would clear up when I accelerate. I had it scanned at the stealership and they found the bad injector. I replaced the injector myself. Saved about 500.00 doing it myself. If you have one go bad the others typically follow. So think about doing as many as you can afford.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just took it to autozone and came up with p2285 I think it was. either way showed up as the ipc sensor sound right?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Could be, is there a sensor on your right front valve cover?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
If not your icp is located under yhe turbo, 03 and early 04 are prone to icp and pigtail failure. Sometimes oil soaked.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
yeah i know its there but just didnt know how often they go out
Unless your hpop is taking a dump or you are developing a leak, you really need a monitor.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Yea an icp reading is necessary, so there is no guessing whats going on.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts