Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks new to the game got a q for ya ....
So i go out yesterday to start my truck turns over but wont fire ... ran fine day before ...here is what i did so far ...
1) checked all fuses and relays
2) checked fuel at 2nd filter good
3) checked oil levels good
4) checked FICM voltage 48 to 49 even cranking
5) bats good
6) registers oil pressure when cranking

just had the injectors done like 5 months ago and a new glow plug relay put on..
Dont have a code reader yet getting one shortly but what else could i be looking at
CMP?
CKP?

any help would be great I am new to Diesel but learning and you have some great help on this site
thanks .... ROOKIE D.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
No Start
Several parameters are necessary for starting, not including glow plug operation and good compression.

1. ICP 520 psi min. (0.8v minimum)
2. PCM sync = Yes which means that the CKP and CMP sensors are sending a signal to the PCM and are working correctly.
3. FICM sync = Yes which means that the PCM and FICM are in sync
4. Pulse Width signal to the injectors
5. Minimum cranking speed of 100 rpm

-The fuel supply pump has an inertia switch in the circuit, located under the passenger side kick panel
-Try unplugging the ICP sensor it can cause a not start problem without setting any codes
-Monitor the oil pressure gauge on the dash, it should move up during cranking. If it shows no oil pressure then there could be a problem with the low oil pressure side.
-IPR duty cycle of 14% or less during cranking means no cam signal (and no sync)
-Check for loose connections at the FICM
-A shorted EBP sensor can cause the PCM to shutdown
-FICM faulty
-Glow Plug control module connector problems (pin tension, water intrusion, bent

When you get your scanner these are some things you can check on for a no start condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at a loss........

Thanks for the info .....
So here is an update so after checking all the items I listed I decided to pull my k&n filter and box togain access toone of the sensors when I noticed what looked to be a broken buss bar I unhooked the lead to the bar and bam the truck started right up .....
I pulled the buss bar out to inspect and it wasn't broken just the way the conection pivets entering the bar put all back together and let it sit overnight went out and started right up ....now I'm at a loss. Not gonna chance it till I get a scanner on it ....

Any thoughts ????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update got a code reader on it and no codes .... mot sure truck is still running any ideas ??? possible short ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts