Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was in a crash about 4 weeks ago, it was minor damage and the front right fender panel got smashed in, I took it to the body shop and they repaired it. They also repaired the front bumper. Well I got my truck back a week ago and it is lacking a lot of top end power. I had one code show up momentarily (P0238 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor 'A' Circuit High) I was told it was a map sensor so I blew out the manifold line and replaced the sensor. well that was not the issue. The truck is stock tuned, it has an EGR Delete and Headstuds done, (these were done and had no engine issues for about 3 months before the crash). The symptoms I am experiencing is that at low speeds the engine has the normal amount of engine power. But it feels like when the truck gets to about 4th gear (its automatic) that the turbo is putting out enough boost but the engine is not giving enough fuel to create the power. The other day I pulled out of a parking lot and tried to get on the throttle a little bit and the turbo started "farting" out of the intake. It is slow to shift at high speeds and shifts at ~3k RPM. The major thing I have noticed is that it is straight piped and it will not do the famous "6.0 crackle" anymore. All around it is just majorly lacking top end power. Any advice would help out a TON!

This is my first post, I usually just lurk around and find all the answers to my problems but this one is beyond me considering I have no clue where to start.:ford:

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,389 Posts
whats your boost? check your CAC for leaks and loose boots.
whats your fuel pressure?

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,389 Posts
i would highly recomend having a monitor regardless if you have an issue.

there are a few DIY threads for checking boost leaks. as far as checking fuel PSI you need a gauge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts