Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question what is the norm on the EGT's when pulling a trailer up hill ?
:icon_ford:​

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
you could probably hit 1100 F or so.

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
What tuning are you referring to in the pdf? My coolant usually runs 170-185F. I've never seen it above 200F, even on the speed loader setting. The rest of the numbers seem right on though. Does anybody know how to install a real engine oil pressure sensor? I've heard that the stock one is just a switch, so if oil pressure is above a certain amount it reads the same no matter how it changes above the setpoint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What tuning are you referring to in the pdf? My coolant usually runs 170-185F. I've never seen it above 200F, even on the speed loader setting. The rest of the numbers seem right on though. Does anybody know how to install a real engine oil pressure sensor? I've heard that the stock one is just a switch, so if oil pressure is above a certain amount it reads the same no matter how it changes above the setpoint.
Anything hotter than stock is severe duty or "tuned". You've got plenty of goodies on your truck to wash all of the heat out of the engine compartment, and out the exhaust. I imagine that's why your H2O* are lower than even a stock trucks... For the oil pressure sensor, take out the stock engine oil pressure sensor and put a tee in it's port. Then put both the stock and after market pressure sensors in the tee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts