Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck randomly lost all power and went to idle four times in a matter of 10-15 minutes this morning. When you hit the accelerator it does nothing. I have to shut the truck off and restart in order to "reset" whatever is happening. After the fourth time doing this it ran fine for another 20 minutes until I got to work. The truck all stock. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
My money is you'll pull an ICP circuit code.
Is this an early 04?
Is the ICP sensor located on the passenger side valve cover? Or behind the turbo?

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The codes were forced idle code and some accelerometer position codes. My mechanic thinks I may have a bad connection on a wire in one of the harnesses. I'm going to pull the driver side battery and check the plug and trace a wire into the cab looking for a bad spot or a bad connection. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
C'mon man. What were the exact codes? In their entirety please

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had the codes pulled tonight:

P0683 (Glow plug diagnostic signal communication fault-Circuit/connector failure, failed GPCM, PCM)
P1000
P2104 (Throttle Actuator Control System Forced Idle)
P2138 (Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch 'D'/'E' Voltage Correlation)
P2140 (Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch E / F Voltage Correlation)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Well id say it's probably to do with your app sensor. Have a look at the wiring down by the throttle pedal. Make sure the connector is latched completely and have a look at the connector pins for corrosion/damage.
If it all looks good, I'd probably replace the app

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I checked all connections and cleaned with contact cleaner. Connection was tight. I read a post about resetting/calibrating the TRS sensor, is this worth a try or should I just buy another sensor?

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
@kaya is right.

An AM replacement pedal assembly is $60 from 1aAuto and takes less than three minutes to replace. I'm not kidding. I spent more time reading this thread than I spent doing mine.

Swap it out and get your life back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts