Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 6.0 Truck is throwing code 2290. Replaced the icp sensor...had oil in connector but was running fine otherwise. Cleared code after icp install...all looked good at first but after warmup threw the code again. Changed oil and filter for the hell of it and again looked good at first but code came back. Drove about five miles and truck slowly/gradually started loosing power until I came to a 5mph crawl. Truck will crank and runs fine idling. Put it in drive and zero power. Towed to shop...had bad #1 injector and pressure check found one leaking O ring. Replaced both. Cranked/warmed up no change....any other ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
The 03 was bad for ICP sensor and pig tail failuers. It was always recomended to change the pig tail because the leaking sensor would push oil into the pig tail causeing problems.

You need to have it scanned on live data watching the ICP oil pressure and see if it is dropping off while running. It takes 500 psi to start and around 700 to 900 psi at idle.

The code your throwing is because your icp shows below normal oil pressure and you are running on a default setting. You may have a hpoil leak as well. But start with the icp pig tail it may be giveing a false reading to the pcm.

The next step is unscrew the icp and install a test adapter and hose and mechanical gauge rated at 4000 psi for safety.and see what the actual HP oil pressure is.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
It would be wise to check fuel pressure also.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah fuel pressure is at 55lbs....pig tail was replaced with icp sensor. Icp pressure stays steady at idle. Was seeing pressure drop off at wot but supposedly shop has done the hpop pressure test and all is good. Ficm was rebuilt by swamps 53 volt holding strong at that. I did get a map code after pulling egr valve and checking that. That code came back a few times but don't remember what it was....I just associated it with the egr pull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts