Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my 03 turbo today for my 05,but cannot find a pedestal anywhere.ive called half the scrap yards in ohio and nothing.called texas core supply because they have one on their website but its already gone.does anyone have the factory ford part number for this? ford told me it was $231.seems a little high for just a piece of metal.i just want to make sure they were looking at the right item(ive had this problem before) since once i order it they say it cant be returned because its a powerstroke part and they cant return it.any help would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
do we even have to use the 03 pedestal i thought the newer ones would work

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it wont work with mine.my 05 mount has the bolt for the back of the turbo pointing down,this one needs the bolt going the same way in the back as in the front.unless there is a way to modify the pedestal to hold it,havent really had time to look at it in that much depth,not sure its a good idea either. :(

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
You can use the 05 pedestal and just not install the back bolt. There are a lot of guys that do it but I don't recommend it. Doing it that way could possibly put extra pressure on the up pipe which isn't good. That being said, it is possible to use the 05 pedestal if you HAVE to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts