Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Chipped, pullied, tuned 03 sonic blue is the car I've wanted since 03. lol, too bad I'm not in a position to pick it up from you.

Bump for the exact car I want, except I would have an 8.8 rear with 4.10s, and the OEM 03 cobra wheels.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have not liked these wheels since i bought the car but have not wanted to drop a grand on any others either. a solid axle would be nice but i cant imagine it w/4.10 it goes like a rocket w/3.55 ! i do see a nice crew cab in that sig!?!?!?!? from one Jason to another nice ride ! to bad we cant work a deal!

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
just wondering if you ever ran it at the strip and if so what kinda times and mph did you have?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have not . the previous owner told me he ran 1 time on street tires to prove a point and shut up his friend w/a vette. he ran 11.8 in the 1/4 with this set up running the fr500 exhaust did not tell me the mph. his friend w/the vette was quiet after that. for those of you familiar with the wheel hop issues on the irs cobras the suspension work done to this makes a tremendous difference!

·
Registered
843 Posts
So why are there headstuds? Motor rebuild?

And the torsen diff, has the rearend been tore out?

Slick car, I just sold my 03 SB Coupe...would consider getting another...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from what i understood ( most of this was done by the previous owner) he did the studs as a precaution when he changed the pulleys, and the diff because he liked the torsen better then the ford "trac lok" i have had the car up in the air there are no signs that anything has blown up. ( i have ASE certifications in several fields and work on cars for a living ) he had his local ford dealer install the head studs , they said they would but only w/new ford headgaskets because that was "the right way of doing studs".he spent a lot of $$$$$$$$$$ on this car, then sold it to me cause he needed cash , now i need cash. really hate to see it go! if you are interested let me know maybe you could own this one!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ah ok, sounds reasonable. Where is the car located?

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Nice car man...:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the car/and myself are located in Sabattus ME. a little more background , when the prev. owner bought/installed the coil over kit he had bilstien shocks/struts that he ordered , did not like them so he dropped another 1400 or so on the konis . if he thought it was needed or would improve the car cost did not seem to be a factor , i also think he had plans of a whipple if he kept the car much longer. that may have been a factor in the head studs as well. and thanks for all the comments on the car.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Give it a solid rear axle, a kenne bell, and a big shot and let her whineeeeeeeeee. haha

Bump, hope she sells!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that would be quite fun! unfortunately not in my budget , hence the sale or swap so i can sell my other truck, and put some $$$$$$$ back in the pocket. i really think it would look good beside that truck , lift it a little more and park the car right under it! lol!

·
Registered
843 Posts
cash offers?! I've got 500$!! lol, free bump buddy. Somebody has to want a baddass sonic blue coupe!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice a deposit! a lot of people seem to want it but no one seems to be able to get a loan or come up with cash. gotta love the economy!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
How many miles on the Konis and Brembos?

Non Smoker?

I see you're a member of SVTP (judging by your pics), is your S/N the same here as there (I'm also a member)?

Also, the head tick issue. Has the car ever had it? Been checked? Fixed? Etc..

What tires are on it? Tread depth/Life?

To your knowledge was the car subjected to many 6th gear high speed pulls?

Awsome looking car btw! It would look great next to our two Mach 1s!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How many miles on the Konis and Brembos?

Non Smoker?

I see you're a member of SVTP (judging by your pics), is your S/N the same here as there (I'm also a member)?

Also, the head tick issue. Has the car ever had it? Been checked? Fixed? Etc..

What tires are on it? Tread depth/Life?

To your knowledge was the car subjected to many 6th gear high speed pulls?

Awsome looking car btw! It would look great next to our two Mach 1s!
to answer these questions - to the best of my knowledge-
1- mileage on konis and brembos- not sure they were both installed by the previous owner, i dont know exactly when
2- the car has never been smoked in as far as i know- i dont smoke and usually can pick up on any trace of smoke in cars
3-yes i am , yes it is, i have this posted there too (and you would be ?)
does not and has never (according to myself and the previous owner) had the "head tick" as far as being checked or fixed not to my knowledge
4- tires are riken raptors 275/40/17 tread depth id have to go back to work and grab a gauge if you want exact, but id say roughly half worn ( im in the automotive field ) riken is made by Michelin as an "entry level tire" i feel they perform well for the money but are not "sticky" by any means
5- i would say no to the high speed pulls, the previous owner was president of an svt association in his area. and i have not nor do i have any area near here where i could do a high speed pull, just a quick jump on the gas in 3rd and i have doubled the average speed limit around here!
6- thanks , and i have not seen your 2 mach 1's but i 100% agree it would look awesome sitting beside or between them!:icon_ford::thumb:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
to answer these questions - to the best of my knowledge-
1- mileage on konis and brembos- not sure they were both installed by the previous owner, i dont know exactly when
2- the car has never been smoked in as far as i know- i dont smoke and usually can pick up on any trace of smoke in cars
3-yes i am , yes it is, i have this posted there too (and you would be ?)
does not and has never (according to myself and the previous owner) had the "head tick" as far as being checked or fixed not to my knowledge
4- tires are riken raptors 275/40/17 tread depth id have to go back to work and grab a gauge if you want exact, but id say roughly half worn ( im in the automotive field ) riken is made by Michelin as an "entry level tire" i feel they perform well for the money but are not "sticky" by any means
5- i would say no to the high speed pulls, the previous owner was president of an svt association in his area. and i have not nor do i have any area near here where i could do a high speed pull, just a quick jump on the gas in 3rd and i have doubled the average speed limit around here!
6- thanks , and i have not seen your 2 mach 1's but i 100% agree it would look awesome sitting beside or between them!:icon_ford::thumb:
Thanks for the quick response. The car sounds like it would be a great runner with the current setup. Glad to see it has been owned by mature individuals as well and not abused.:nod:

I was just asking about the head tick issue because our 03 mach had to go into Ford for new heads twice because of it and I have read about alot of Cobras also having the issue. The high speed pull question was asked because alot of head issues stem from running them hard in 6th gear.

My S/N is the same over there as it is on here. Been a member since I wanna say 03-04, great bunch of guys (and gals) over there. I have no doubt that someone will grab up this car pretty soon.

Now, if only I could have someone buy one of our rental properties:doh: That puppy would be sitting in my drive way!

Here is two quick pics of our Machs btw!

2003 Azure Blue: Misc. bolt ons and NX kit!

1969 Mach 1 428CJ, bored .30 over and mild Cam:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts