Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03. 180k, had arp studs put in at 124k. puked a little coolant out today towing. the ECT got to 234 but then started dropping. It usually hits a high of 228 when pulling hills. The question is, could i have just had a little to much coolant in? or a bad cap? The egr is turned off with the tuning. Running a 65hp tow tune from bill at power hungry performance. Do i need to be worried about having to do heads again???? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
11,892 Posts
Could have had a little too much coolant in system but 234 is pretty hot. Also, just having the EGR turned off by programming does nothing but keep the valve from opening. It still gets the hot exhaust gases through the cooler.

1,023 Posts
I have an 03. 180k, had arp studs put in at 124k. puked a little coolant out today towing. the ECT got to 234 but then started dropping. It usually hits a high of 228 when pulling hills. The question is, could i have just had a little to much coolant in? or a bad cap? The egr is turned off with the tuning. Running a 65hp tow tune from bill at power hungry performance. Do i need to be worried about having to do heads again???? :dunno:
What did EOT do?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EOT got to 245, which is what it has always got to pulling up that hill, then one i hit the top it drop back down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts