Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrecked my truck so i am selling my powermax. It was on for less than 2 months and under 5000 miles. its for an 03 but i believe that they will interchange (minus use of the rear mounting bolt)
Looking for $950 plus the ride
Thanks
Bryan

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
dont have the pedistal, it went with the truck. I paid $1200 an hardly used it.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
For the price the powermax is not getting blown out of the water where else can you get a turbo for 1200 brand new and still keep your factory turbo to sell?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it is. pm sent

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Welcome to Mad Turbo Werks!!, you can buy the stage 1 which has been proven better in all aspects time and time again. $750, good luck :)
It's $775 PLUS a $400 core charge, and it's not even a new turbo. Just rebuilt. And even Adrian, the man himself, has stated that the PowerMax actually flows a little more than the Stage 1. This is a great turbo for the price. I loved the PowerMax on my '03 6L. The PowerMax is proven, reputable, and easily tuned. That's more than anybody can say about the Stage 1...

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
The powermaxxs' just aren't really worth much anymore since they have other turbos out there that blows it out of the water, I have a friend who wants one, what's the cheapest you'll go?
Sounds like somebody is just trying to get a deal. Why not go with the turbo that "blows it out of the water?" :poke

To the OP, that turbo is worth every penny of your asking price. GLWS.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I do have one buddy, read the signature next time..

And ewe, I'd never put a powermaxx on my truck and Adrian has told everyone time and time again the stage 1 out performs the powermaxx in every standard of a turbo charger.. It is a rebuilt and customized turbo charger... Why make his own and have to charge an extra $1,000? Because it isn't cost efficient. He is saving you monu and making a better kturbo then the powermaxx, my buddy just wanted one, idk why since I've told him it is a waste but he wants it. Ignorance is bliss

Why wouldn't you? It's proven, brand new, easier to tune, backed by a much more reputable and experienced turbo builder, flows more, etc. Do you really think that some guy who has been building turbos for not even a few months can outdo Garrett Turbochargers who has been building turbos since 1936? I mean heck, the dude didn't even know how to crack open a 6.0L turbo before December, and didn't know an ounce about diesels in September. That's not somebody I'd want building my turbo.

And would you like to bet some money on that statement? I can refer you to a post where Adrian specifically said the PowerMax flows more air than the Stage 1.

Yep, you said it. It's rebuilt. Rebuilt < New.

You're not saving any money. The PowerMax is $1250 and the Stage One is $1175. A $75 difference. If I'm already dropping a grand, I'll spend the extra $75 for a new one. It's much better made as well, and has flow numbers equal to Adrian's Stage 2. Adrian's turbos aren't balanced (both wheels are unbalanced), which means every one of his turbos is a ticking time bomb. A few members couldn't even put a few miles on the turbos before they grenaded. And Adrian has already screwed Dozer's Diesel, from what I've read. And not a single diesel shop has been able to tune these turbos properly, even with live tuning. I could go on and on... These MAD turbos are just a fad. I'll stick with a reliable, cost efficient, proven, and easily tunable turbo over a Stage 1 any day...

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I think you better get your facts straight regarding Dozers and Adrian. You are talking about stuff you know nothing about. The OP is selling a used turbo. Adrian is selling rebuilt turbos.

Badmouthing Adrian isn't helping this guy sell the Powermax.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I think you better get your facts straight regarding Dozers and Adrian. You are talking about stuff you know nothing about. You are selling a used turbo. Adrian is selling rebuilt turbos.

Badmouthing Adrian isn't helping you sell the Powermax.
I'm not selling anything.

Adrian called Doziers out in a very unprofessional manner. I don't see Innovative Diesel or Elite Diesel on here calling out business partners... On a public forum. Very unprofessional, IMO. I don't care what the issue was.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sale pending

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sold!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts