Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 350 6.0 I bought over the weekend clean truck runs good only issue is you go to start it you have to cycle the truck 2 or 3 times maybe fuel pump ? Then there will be times where the truck will start fine run it to the gas station 5 min down the road turn it off and the batteries will be dead any help ? Anyone else have that issue or know of that issue ?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I have a 03 350 6.0 I bought over the weekend clean truck runs good only issue is you go to start it you have to cycle the truck 2 or 3 times maybe fuel pump ? Then there will be times where the truck will start fine run it to the gas station 5 min down the road turn it off and the batteries will be dead any help ? Anyone else have that issue or know of that issue ?
And you bought that?
I'm going to say..... Replace the batteries (both). That should take care of the dead battery problem.
If you have to cycle the key (not crank, but on-off-on (etc), then I'd say you have a fuel pressure leak. This is a motor killer, so sort it out before you drive it anymore.... Of course you can drive it until it costs you 2k in injectors (and whatever else you need)...
So, good luck.

BTW, a good description of the problem, with diagnostic #s, is a good idea. There's a ton of information in the "stickies" that shouldn't be ignored

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
walked outside this morning to try starting it and I turned the key let the glow plug light go out turned over fired right up no cranking long time no weak in batteries nothing it only throws this fit every so often

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.