Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, I am new to the forum but have been a long time follower. I have a 2003 7.3L f250 with a bully dog Trippe dog GT tuner, 4" turbo back exhaust, 6" lift, 33" nitto terra grapplers. I have owned this truck for a little over a year and have around 140k miles on it. I am looking to do some power upgrading but am not sure where to start... Any ideas?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I had my engine custom built all at once so I can't help you, I'm just learning myself. Some of these guys will chime in. They do stuff like fuel systems, studs, turbo upgrades, injectors, exhaust, tuners...(lot of debate on who's tunes are best). Guages are usually recommended first to keep track of everything.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
:welcome1:
If you're been following long, you'll know what's coming :rofl:
Gauges, intake, and custom tunes. Not that Bully Dog.
A valve body for the trans.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Depends what your looking for. Stage 1's are always a nice boost in hp. Also, ditch the Bullysh*t tuner.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Hi elkrause,
First let me welcome you on being a part of the forum. This is a great place to find info on your truck.

Gauge's first. That way you can see your temps and know you're safe, or not. If you don't already have an intake then adding that will allow her to breathe better. The exhaust is great for getting those hot exhaust gasses out, but you also want to get more air in. If you're looking for a nice factory matched set of gauges take a look at our complete kits here: DIESELMANOR GAUGE KITS for Ford Powerstroke If you have any questions don't hesitate to give me a push.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you gentlemen for your input. I had plans on getting an intake, and gauges and was wanting to maybe see if i couldnt set it up to do some of the pickup polls around the area. the only worry is that transmission of mine and it having the miles it has on it. what would you guys recomend I do to be able to pull this truck with no worries.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
custom tunes. Not that Bully Dog.
A valve body for the trans.
the only worry is that transmission of mine and it having the miles it has on it. what would you guys recomend I do to be able to pull this truck with no worries.
See previous answer.
Also, I have 326k miles on my original trans.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have heard of high miles on a trans but never 300k plus! What valve body do you have, it apparantley must be working.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I've only had the Factory Tech valve body from Gregg Evans since 315k or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts