Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 f250 7.3 is smoking white smoke and missing pretty bad. the problem just started out of the nowhere. was running all good, and just started smoking without warning and missing there is no check engine light. please help!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i changed the fuel filter and nothing. i'm new to the powerstroke engine and i'm clueless to the problem. my truck is just chugging and smoking and still no ses or check engine light. HELP!!!!! please

·
Registered
171 Posts
did you change the cps?

·
Registered
171 Posts
well i am pretty sure if the cps it will cause it to run rough, i think i had the same problem you are and mine was one of the uvch i thinks its what it is its the valve cover gasket and they tend to get hot and and melts the connections i'd check there too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok just replaced the cps and fired right up. Idling seems back to normal, but it still had the white smoke for like 5 minutes or so. Then the white went to a black now it only gives some black smoke when you tramp the throttle quick(rev it a bit). the white smoke seemed to go away totally. I'm still worried it isn't quite fixed yet. What I'm thinking is, is it possible that the engine was so loaded up with fuel that its burning off the excess. you know trying to clean it's self up again?

·
Registered
171 Posts
im not sure about that question maybe some one else can help you i know that if my truck sits for like two days it blows some white smoke and at start up normally blows some smoke

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The smoke seemed to go away, I've been driving it for the last couple days and no problem :dunno: but i'm so happy:nod:. like i said it smoked for like 15min or so but idled good. I've put around 100miles on it since the cps was replaced and looks like its fixed, knock on wood.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i just fixed a 2000 valve cover connector. you may want to do it as a preventative as the owner had no warning it was going bad. it will sometimes cause the entire bank on 1 side to stop firing. cps sensor will cause problems when it starts going bad also.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is to fixing the connector? are there any pics or hints to do so i'm not to sure what goes wrong with the connector? I'm new to the powerstroke community.

·
Registered
20 Posts
vibrations cause the injector harness to come unplugged. dealer only has a clip set less than $15. if the dealer has a good parts man he will be able to find it on the shelf without looking it up. to repair remove valve covers (hardest part) install clips per instructions in pack. you will have 1 extra left over. reinstall valve covers and the self unplugging part of problem is eliminated. however melting of the harness is not fixed. be sure if you drop the new retainer to fish it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
10-4 i'll be on the lookout for something like that. It don't sound like a bad job to do.:thumb:thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts