Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 03 6.0 blowing white smoke. It hard starts, has absolutely no power in between 0 to about 1500 rpm (I could floor it and it won't move), rough idle, and gets about 8 mpg. This is all whether it's warmed up or not. Now it's started stalling once it's warmed up and then wont start again for about a day(I think maybe caused by a high pressure oil leak somewhere).

We are about to pull the engine to see what damage has been done. While we are in there I will be installing:

APR Headstuds
PMM EGR Cooler
Black Onyx Head Gaskets
PMM Coolant Filtration System
New Engine Oil Cooler
Fuel pressure regulator upgrade kit (Blue Spring)
Cleaning EGR Valve and new Gasket Set
Possibly new injectos depending on their condition
Upgraded Turbo Oil Drain Tube
Maybe a HPOP
and fixing any damage that may have been caused (thinking it may have a burnt piston)

My Question is:

What else should I look to replace while I'm doing this to be absolutely sure it won't have anymore issues?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Most of us no longer recomend the black onyx gaskets. Time has shown a significant high failure rate of the black onyx gaskets as opposed to studs and regular OEM gaskets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want to be absolutely sure you won't have to mess with it again, invest in the EGR cooler and remote oil cooler from Bulletproof Diesel.
Definitely getting the EGR Cooler. I was going to go with the pmm oil cooler because it comes with the kit i'm buying and i've heard good things about them. Is the bullet proof diesel oil cooler more reliable?

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
They're not even in the same league in my opinion. In thinking about it, isn't what they're offering an OEM oil cooler and a coolant filter? If you've heard good things about PMM, I encourage you to search not only this site for PMM and Cobbs Diesel, but others as well. Then search Bulletproof Diesel.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Not sure I would touch the heads or injectors (yet) but would add more likely issues like HPOP and FICM to your list.

·
Registered
462 Posts
why not just delete the EGR completely ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts