Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 f350 6.0 that starts then stall instantly new hpop and ipr ficm is fine its a 58vnew from swamps diesel tests 57.5 with key on then about 52ish when turning over im lost fuel pump is running my regulator says i have 60psi idk what the deal is please someone help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right before it did this it was starting fine but when it got hot and i cut it off it wouldnt start back up untill u let it cool but hpop was just replaced and ipr! I pulled in my drive way and i taped the gas and it shut off havnt been able to get it to run since

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Right before it did this it was starting fine but when it got hot and i cut it off it wouldnt start back up untill u let it cool but hpop was just replaced and ipr! I pulled in my drive way and i taped the gas and it shut off havnt been able to get it to run since
Check for combustion gasses in the fuel filter housing.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The filters on the air dog?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
The filters on the air dog?
Stock secondary housing, I'm not familiar with the air dog. Google......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where is that at

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
The small filter on top of the intake front next to the oil filter. If you didn't know it was there then you probably never changed it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got it not to long ago from a friend of mine and i kno what your talking about now

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I just got it not to long ago from a friend of mine and i kno what your talking about now
Make sure you have motorcraft filters and caps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That would cause it to do what its doing?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
That would cause it to do what its doing?
Non oem caps and filters can cause problems, combustion gasses entering the fuel system can l lead to no start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found out my prob today and its expensive...... 4 injectors took a crap do to my hpop recently going out i guess their 1800mm rcd injectors are they good injectors or should i look elsewhere shop keeps telling me to put stock ones it it cuz aftermarket ones are junk is this true?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since you said injectors specifically I'd try the Hot Shot's Secret Stiction Eliminator (oil) + Diesel Extreme (fuel). Is there any chance you could get it to start & just let it idle for any significant amount of time?

The second part of your post you mentioned a problem only when 'hot starting' which sounds like a high pressure oil leak. In this case you might only have to replace injector o-rings, but part of the 'magic' of H.S.S. is physically swelling the 0-rings and stopping leaks. Again it's worth ~$74.00 vs. thousands

1 - 14 of 14 Posts