Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m sure this has been discussed before but I can’t seem to find it. I have a 2003 6.0 with an egr delete, S&B CAI, and 5 inch turbo back exhaust. Just got new head gaskets, head studs, and updated oil cooler. I’m looking to buy a tuner now, I know the sct canned tunes don’t support deletes but my question is what will happen if I use the canned tunes. Will everything work fine or will it start throwing codes? I called a local store and asked what tuners they had in stock and I was told if I tried tuning a deleted truck with the tuners they have it would brick the computer, which I don’t believe.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Hey guys, I’m sure this has been discussed before but I can’t seem to find it. I have a 2003 6.0 with an egr delete, S&B CAI, and 5 inch turbo back exhaust. Just got new head gaskets, head studs, and updated oil cooler. I’m looking to buy a tuner now, I know the sct canned tunes don’t support deletes but my question is what will happen if I use the canned tunes. Will everything work fine or will it start throwing codes? I called a local store and asked what tuners they had in stock and I was told if I tried tuning a deleted truck with the tuners they have it would brick the computer, which I don’t believe.
You will have a CEL with an egr code, low flow im pretty sure. It will have no other impact except the CEL.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update if anyone is curious, went and bought an sct gtx today, running the performance canned tune, I have no CEL and the truck is a whole new monster compared to stock tune.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I run an SCT. Never ran one of the canned tunes. When I tried it bricked my truck until I was able to get help from SCT. Just my opinion, get a custom tune from one of the reputable tuners. They know these trucks well and will write you a tune based on your mods and needs. And it's not too expensive either.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I'd advise getting a reputable tune from a tuner. The stock canned tunes are harsh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts