Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CASH WAITING 03 6.0 new hpop,icp,ipr wont start

Please Help 03 6.0 new hpop,icp,ipr,new intake gaskets im lost now i have auto enjunity says ficm voltage is good 47.5 to 48 while cranking,ipr cycles from 14. to 85 but icp wont get past .50 it will run on a hit of butane but dies instantly can someone please stear me in the right direction i have 3 ruptured discs in mu back and this job killed me i was trying to get back to maine we are stuck in lakeland florida thought it would purr again oh yea why i did this work was on highway at 70 just lost power and died and no re start when i put air into icp port air came out at both valve covers turbo drain pipe.then i applied 12 volts to ipr and all air stoped so that is why i did this job now what can i do i have auto enjeunity so if that helps i can give you info no codes after killing 2 new batt trying to start after repair HHEELLPP

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
Have you checked base oil pressure? And what do you mean air comes out both valve covers and the turbo drain? apply air to the ICP port and then command the IPR closed. If you have air under the valve covers then you've got a problem with a branch tube.

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
Oh and ill be leavin for Maine next fri and hopefully taking the truck if i get it runnin this fri. I lost base oil pressure and it wiped my HPOP, and IPR. replaced the LPOP and cover first then found out my HPOP was wiped too. picking my new HPOP and all tht stuff tomorrow:thumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At first i lost power and died, applied shop air to icp and air came out both valve covers and turbo oil drain pipe the one that returns back to the oil pump. I then applied 12v to the ipr and all air sounds stopped except for under oil pump cover and that is why i replaced hpop , icp,ipr. and still same problem, only building 300 lbs of pressure according to auto AE software. So i must have missed a bad o ring in a stand pipe or oil rail trying to find out which ones the most common problem. tired of ripping into this ill prepared at an RV Park at 100 plus temps. and bad back from a car wreck here, just want to go home and get my surgery done and i just cant see giving 1000s that i dont have to a Ford stealership that i dont trust.

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
hey sorry bout that yesterday. i should have read more slowly. it made more sense after i walked away thinkin about. Is it possible you got a bad out of the box IPR? Did you do alll the o-rings with the HPOP and did you make sure to oil the one that slips into the cover so it wouldnt get damaged upon cover reinstall. I had mine apart up until today and didnt take much time with it but is there an o-ring or somethin that seals the pump line to the branch lines (the line that swivels out of the way to remove/install pump) I didnt want to mess with it

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
and while the cover was off, i applied air directly to the line on top of the pump to check that swivel fitting. you just have to come up wit a rubber cone shaped fitting to hold into the hole.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
004.jpg I really could use a pro tell me what is wrong and i will pay your price this is a screen shot of auto engunity after tearing down 2 times new from international hpop new icp new icp look at my first post and you will see what happened now the problem is the same this screenshot was the motor hitting off butane can help me guys i will pay cash for the solved problem

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TODAY I APPLIED SHOP AIR TO THE TOP OF THE OIL PUMP AND NO LEAKS DETECTED EVEN REMOVED THE OIL PUMP AGAIN TO MAKE SURE I DIDNT LEAVE THE PLUG IN IT AND THAT THE SEALS WERE AND ARE IN THE PROPER PLACE MASTER 6.0 TECH IF YOU HELP ME FIX IT I WILL PAY 207 462-9111 JEFF UNTIL 1100PM EST IS OK

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
Have you removed the ICR and inspected. I know its not that old but check the micro screen. From what i can gather, if that screen is damaged or missing it can cause a rough run/no run. They sell an ICR repair kit for a reason, it comes with a new screen and o-rings. I just replaced my ICR cause the screen was broken and the truck wouldnt run. shes runnin now

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I wish that I had something to contribute, you have my full respect for tackling this so far from home with 3 ruptured disks.

Is there any way that you can command the IPR off so it sends full flow to the injectors? There has to be a leak somewhere (or the IPR isn't working as it should)? Honestly, I have no knowledge on any of this but hope that you get this going soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DASH DUMMY GAUGE GOES UP TO WHERE ITIS NORMALLY AFTER CRANKING FOR JUST A FEW SECONDS ALSO MORE INFO TOOK THE NEW PUMP OUT OF THE BOX PUT MY FINGER OVER SUCTION HOLE AND TURNED GEAR A LITTLE AND THERE WAS GOOD HOLDING AND SUCTION / CHANGED THE OIL 100 TO 125 MILES BEFOFE THIS HAPPENED ROTELLA 15/40 AND RACOR FILTER /TRUCK HAD NO PROBLEMS BEFORE THIS NO STARTING ISSUES COLD OR HOT RAN THE TRUCK ON BUTANE FOR 30 OR MORE SECONDS TRYING TO GET THE PRESSURE UP THERE THAT IS WHEN I SNAPPE3D THAT SCREEN YOU LOOKED AT ON THE EARLIER POST

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YES WHEN I TORE IT DOWN AGAIN TODAY I PULLED THE IPR IT WAS NICE AND CLEAN NOT A SPEC OF ANYTHING ON IT COME ON GUYS KEEP UM COMMING

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey sorry bout that yesterday. i should have read more slowly. it made more sense after i walked away thinkin about. Is it possible you got a bad out of the box IPR? Did you do alll the o-rings with the HPOP and did you make sure to oil the one that slips into the cover so it wouldnt get damaged upon cover reinstall. I had mine apart up until today and didnt take much time with it but is there an o-ring or somethin that seals the pump line to the branch lines (the line that swivels out of the way to remove/install pump) I didnt want to mess with it
YEP CHECKED IT ALL PUT AIR RIGHT INTO THAT SWIVEL TUBE 100LBS AND IT HELD THAT PRESSURE UNTIL I LET IT OUT AND NOW IVE DONE IT ALL 2 TIMES AND DOESNT SEEM TO BE THE LAST:bdh:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Please keep in mind I know NOTHING about this but I'm willing to talk it out with you. So the ICP should be over 500 to start and it isn't. In my mind that could be caused by a bad HPOP (replaced), High pressure oil leak, IPR not functioning, IPC not showing correct pressure or lack of oil to the HPOP. What is the condition of the oil filter, is there a lot of particles in there? Where I'm going is I wonder if the HPOP screen got clogged somehow and isn't allowing enough oil into the HPOP galley?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I am seeing some inconsistancies in your AE readings. I am suspecting something other than an oil pressure problem. 500 psi is ideal but I have had many start and run with only 400 psi.

First off your system voltage is shown as a little low yet when you get to FICM supply voltage it shows 12v, where did it get the extra voltage.

Secondly you are showing no reading from the cam sensor 0.00 yet it shows sync on cam and crank of 1.00. First I wish I new what Bit stood for. On my scanners I get a voltage reading from the cam and crank sensors. and just a yes or No on sync.

You have been concentrateing on oil pressures, have you checked to be shure your getting fuel as well?

Just some questions that are puzzleing me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am seeing some inconsistancies in your AE readings. I am suspecting something other than an oil pressure problem. 500 psi is ideal but I have had many start and run with only 400 psi.

First off your system voltage is shown as a little low yet when you get to FICM supply voltage it shows 12v, where did it get the extra voltage.

Secondly you are showing no reading from the cam sensor 0.00 yet it shows sync on cam and crank of 1.00. First I wish I new what Bit stood for. On my scanners I get a voltage reading from the cam and crank sensors. and just a yes or No on sync.

You have been concentrateing on oil pressures, have you checked to be shure your getting fuel as well?

Just some questions that are puzzleing me.

Thats whats I was thinking to, do you have any fuel in your bowl? Pump fuzes, can you hear the fuel pump come on when turning the ignition over? Thats where I would start, maybe a bad fuel pump, I would keep it simple first and go from there..let us know asap so we can help

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Remember the truck was running on external fluid when these readings were snapped, with the RPM > 1000, wouldn't he ICP be higher?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Nylon you are correct his ICP ideally should be 500 but they will start and run with only 400, they are hard to start and run poorly but they will start and run.

Now when you shoot an inriched fuel mixture in the intake you are basically by passing the entire injection system, the engine is running on compression only, you colud keep the engine running all day,or until ya run out of fluid by keeping squirting little squirts of fluid into the intake. As soon as you quit the engine dies because it has no more fuel to burn.

Essientally you have bypassed the entire fuel system, the injection control system and the injectors themselves.

Still would like to know what Bit stands for :dunno:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks guys for all your help I believe bit is used when it is a simple yes or no on the parimeter i think beacuse on all of the readings that are yes or no it has bit there it was raining here today and that is a good thing im in alot of pain this job is a tough one with 3 ruptured disc i just ate another handful of pills and powered through.dont take this wrong ive been ase certifid for over 10 years gas jobs only the rain has stopped . last night i spoke to Mchan68 i believe his handle is and he as well knows his shat for sure and the next course that seems to be change out the ipr with the old one i know that one seemed good beacuse when i applied air pressure it clicked and stopped the air flow.then if that did not work,i needed to remove the valve covers because there must than be a hpo leak and with 100 lbs of air cant hear it. he told me to visually inspect all conections and put a wrench to the stand pipes.he also said that some guys are useing a nitrogen tank and useing several thousand lbs of pressure to find the leak.wish i was home because i have just that tank i use it to fill tires and run air tools in the willeys of maine lol.anyway as you know its hard to find a leak at 100lbs in a system that runs 500 to 3500lbs maybe ill get lucky and it will be the bad ipr out of the box yeah right and remember this truck was running perfect all the time no hard starts hot or cold. ill keep every one posted and i will try to use the computer to get another test i can post with it just cranking thank-you

1 - 20 of 43 Posts