Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
HOSS BOSS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming back from a buddies house tonight and when i go to crank my truck i notice i had to hold the key over about 2-3 times longer than usual to crank it, didnt give it any thought because i was tired and wanted to get home. When i was about 5 miles from my house i noticed that my truck was running really sluggish, so i gave it a little more gas and it wouldnt get over 55 mph, i was hoping to make it home but coming up a hill close to my house and it just started lossing more and more power. Got over the hill and and coasted the other side and was about to turn into the road where i live on and "Big Nasty" laid down on me and she wouldnt crank back, luckily i have a good friend who towed me back... I didnt see any smoke but granted it was dark, checked oil and didnt see any coolant..... Anyone have any idea where to start on her?

:dunno: :confused:
p.s it was a duramax who towed me back.... yea embarressed :doh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the exact same problem. Inherited an 03 6.0 that has been sitting the last 8 months throught my fathers sickness, it has fresh fuel filters and g.p. lost power coming over a hill and has not started back up since. I had a ******* tell me that there might be air in the injectors? or a pressure problem. On another note what is a good and well priced code scanner for the powerstroke line?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds like air in fuel lines!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Check fuel pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.