Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!! I'm Sergio. I've had my truck since Febuary 2011 and I absolutely LOVE it. I'm a technician myself but do not specialize in Navistar diesel engines and have no access to legit scanners. So here's the history: 03 Ford Excursion 4x4 6.0. When I bought her, I noticed that the turbo had been remanufactured(labeled) the dealer I bought it from(not ford) was using aftermarket oil filters and the FICM was bad. I had the guys here at carmenita truck center replace the FICM and flush the coolant with Motorcraft premium gold. Since then, no problems until this summer. EGR coolant hose started to leak, water pump went out and radiator cracked. Fixed all those problems but a few weeks ago, she started to have real hard cold starts and random misfires. Yesterday on my way home, she just turned off in the middle of an intersection. Started her up, died again. Did so a couple times until I was able to keep the revvs up and in second gear. I limped her home, hooked her up to my scanner(Matco MD1072). No codes other than bad fuel level sensor. This morning I limped her to work very carefully while monotoring FICM voltage and ICP pressure. FICM was a healthy 48 consistently with random drops to a low of 46.8. ICP pressure was normal, even at WOT, she stayed at 3650 psi but misfired very badly under hard acceleration. I suspect a few bad injectors, what do you guys think????

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Your pushing the envelope on the ficm with that 46.8v.
Set up your matco for live data watch the ficm pids especially FICM-Logic input volts should not drop below 12v. and watch for sync on ficm and pcm see if you loose sync in time with the miss fire or drop off in logic voltage.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Check your pressure, do you have the blue spring update? Are you now using motorcraft filters and caps?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts