Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 02, 7.3 no chip, done the 10k mod a while back died on me today. but, after i eased off the road, she started right back up. now this is the second time its happened to me. i removed the 10k resistor a while back and cleaned where the connnector is and down inside the connector thinking that might have something to do with it. awhile back when i was driving it it would kinda cut out for a split second or so about a mile up the road but after i cleaned the plug in it quit for awhile, then about 2 weeks ago i was cruising up to the house and it just died. pulled off the side of the road and she started right back up. well tonight i was cruising and she just died again. could the cps be going bad? any help is appreciated. adam

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I would be suspect of the cps. If you have not had the recall done. I suggest doing this first being it is free.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yea sounds like the CPS go get that done for free immediately before it happens again.

·
Registered
291 Posts
ok i should have read the forums first but i just post a tread on the same exact thing. i have the same symptoms. ok so you guys are recommending the cps for a recall. dumb question but what is the cps and what does it do? thanks dave

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
A diesel doesnt have an ignition system so to speak, it needs a way to verify that the motor is running or turning over. It does this by counting revolutions of the camshaft, and relaying that info back to the pcm or computer so the pcm knows to keep dumping in fuel. When it stops working well you will know it:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts