Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone could help me explain why my truck takes longer to start when the engine is warmed up? I have 8 new injectors, new icp, new ipr, new bpcs, new glows, two uvch new, new glow plug relay too. Is it the starter or is there something I'm missing? Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
449 Posts
Could be the hpop, or old oil, or to light weight oil. Changed ur oil, see what happens.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
22 Posts
What is a long time? Mine takes longer to start once hot as well. When cold, it takes maybe 1-1.5 second to crank. When hot, it may take 2.5-3.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine feels about 3-5 seconds depending on the day. I was just wondering if my starter is starting to fail? When the engine is cold she will fire right off but sometimes it sounds like it skips a beat and will start rough.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Mine feels about 3-5 seconds depending on the day. I was just wondering if my starter is starting to fail? When the engine is cold she will fire right off but sometimes it sounds like it skips a beat and will start rough.
I do not think its your starter, but I also do not have an answer for you either.
My truck starts different all the time, drives me nuts but I just deal with it:rofl:

I'm working on some starting issues of my own, but its either related to my Beans tunes or my swamps idm.

Best of luck

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, I'm trying see if my puff of smoke on start up cold is related to starting its bluefish grayish but I guess it is all normal? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts