Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 F-250 license plate lights are out. There is a random yellow wire not connected. I've tried looking at wiring diagrams but can't make heads or tells of them. Do both bulbs have to function in order to get one to function and can someone please tell me where this wire is supposed to be tied in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle Terrestrial plant Gas

Electrical wiring Gas Automotive tire Rope Wire
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle door Gas Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
8,601 Posts
@Administrator can this be moved to the correct forum please
@ZMANN @Heavy_GD

Had a major cringe looking at all those scotch lock connectors -- there will be problems right there at some point -- the license plate wires will not be in this harness -- see the "crinkle tubing" ? -- look for the wires leading to the bulbs in that one -- the bulbs are independent of each other, so one will work without the other

Are the bulbs good ? use a meter or test light in the socket to see if power is even there -- it may be a ground problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, my apologies for posting in the wrong place.

I felt the same cringe when i climbed under and took a look. Unfortunately, i just spent over 6k for a transmission. So I'm kind of tapped fiscally speaking. I have already isolated where the bulb wiring goes. (marked below)

One bulb was definitely bad. The other I have no clue but the wonderful deputy brought my attention to the fact that they were both out. I assumed after looking that there could possibly be a wiring issue.

How many volts should I get when I test, or does that matter?

Thanks for the reply and the help. I really appreciate it.
Gas Electrical wiring Terrestrial plant Automotive tire Wire

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,601 Posts
Thought you were asking about the lights on the truck ?
what you show looks like it runs to the trailer plug
kinda hard to tell with all the added wires

Hope the Deputy let you go with just a warning

1 - 4 of 4 Posts