Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my balljoints replaced on my 02 4x4 ext cab. Ever since then the frontend seems loose like when I'm steering it will kinda oversteer. When Im driving on the highway and just trying to stay in my lane ill turn left it feels like it takes a second for the wheels to go but when I turn right it is pretty good. I had the inner tie rod ends and the tie rod bar replaced. What else should I check for?

·
Registered
57 Posts
loose

I know this is a long shot but check your steering box bolts. Mine actually broke off, lucky i was not killed.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Recheck your balljoints and u-joints. Just because they were done, doesn't mean they were done right. Did you pay to have them done or did you do them yourself? How bad were your balljoints previously?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Also check to make sure your pitman arm is tight. I have seen trucks with the pitman arm nut loose and the arm wobbles up and down.

With it turning fine one way and not the other, I would agree with possibly the steering box being loose from the frame.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for the help. I haven't had a chance to check it out cause it's been raining out (no garage). The guy who done it I would figure knew what he was doing he has done his own powerstroke and my buddies with no problems. I had an alignment done as soon as the balljoints and such were replaced cause I had new tires put on.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I was having the same problem. My truck would dance down the road left and right and was just loose all over the place.

I replaced everything in the front end since it all seemed to need it. Ball Joints, Tie Rod ends, Drag links, U joints, and axle seals.

Did it all myself and pieced all the parts together from various parts places for around $600 I believe.

I also added a Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts