Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
intermittently starts. So I replaced both batteries and starter 4 months ago and all was well until a week ago I went to start my truck and there was nothing. Like the batteries were dead, tested batteries, tested all grounds, replaced starter and for 2 days it started every time the key was turned. Then I parked and came back 20 min later and same thing. I crawled under and gaped the starter with a screwdriver, starter spun but didn't engage. Got into truck turned key and it started. All linkage to the shiftier is good and tight, so I replaced ignition switch and started like a champ for 2 more days then again today went into a store and came out and nothing. After about 5 min of fiddling with the shiftier and ignition it started...........Anybody have a clue where to go next?

2002 F350 automatic with 280,000 miles
no security system, no power windows, no power locks and still all stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Haha one time my brother in law called and said his truck wouldn't start, I showed up..... It wasn't all the way in Park.... Bumped the shifter, fired right up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.