Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just this last weekend I noticed when I started my truck I thought the starter sounded funny and there was a rattling coming from underneath, so I climbed under it and found that the screws holding the solenoid had backed out and it was just hanging on by the plunger going into the starter. Long story short I put locktight on it and but back in and broke one of the studs off the back of the solenoid.:doh: So seeing as how NO one in town could sell me just a solenoid I bought a reman starter from Oreilleys and put it in. 200 bucks lifetime warrenty. spins ALOT faster so i guess my old starter was wearing down. Truck starts so much better.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glad you got it fixed--too bad you couldn't just get a solenoid....on the bright side, sounds like the new O'Reilly starter is working out pretty good for you. To make you feel better, you gotta assume the starter would've gone out on you pretty soon anyways. :wink[3]: I considered the O'Reilly reman with the lifetime warranty. I ended up going with the $120 unit at DB and 1 year warranty. Hopefully I won't regret it 2 years down the road....
Thanks. The guy at Oreillys said if I had a couple years older Ford I could of got just the solenoid....I thought that was odd..wouldn't think the starter would be different on a early 7.3 :dunno: But now seeing that it cranks faster im happy I bought it vs. finding just a solenoid somewere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.