Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my friend called me to tell me that her 02' excursion was having some major issues. I am not sure if this is the best place to put them since it is a gas truck not diesel but help me out if you can.
1. When she turns the truck has a jerking feeling.
2. The 4 Wheel drive high and low flash on her dash when she turns.
3. The music does not stop playing when the truck is off and she opens her door.
4. There is a smell like fish oil in the cab.
I am not sure if its all related or if its all a bunch of little things. Sounds to me like there is some sort of electrical issue going on. But I am not so sure about the fish oil and the jerking. Any help would be appreciated beacuse it is makeing her very nervous to drive!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
The jerking when she is turning is from the 4wheel drive being engaged while she is turning on dry pavement. Have her check the switch to make sure it is in the 2wheeldrive position. Never know someone may have bumped it.

As for the radio not shutting off when she turns the truck off and opens the door. That maybe related to the GEM module.

The Fish Oil smell I have no clue. I don't even know what Fish Oil smells like.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ya I have no idea what fish oil smells like either. She thinks it might be some kind of fluid from the engine. I think she may have left something in the truck too long.
She checked her 4 wheel drive and it is for sure not in 4wheel drive.

·
Registered
672 Posts
have her check to make sure her hubs are unlocked... even if she is in 4wd there could still be a jerk from the hubs being turned all the way to the right.

antifreeze can sometimes have a nasty smell.... other than that i'm not sure on the whole fish oil thing either lol

·
Registered
672 Posts
correct that... even if she is in 2wd and her hubs are locked it could cause a jerk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: apparently all these problems came from the battery being low. Who knew? O well easy fix for her I guess too bad they are not all that easy.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Uh...weird.

All I was going to add was check the hubs, and the door pins/catches might not be "seeing" the door open. Which might of be draining her battery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This may be too simple, but I wonder what would happen if the battery was disconnected for a few minutes and then reconnected causing a reset of the electronics?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts