Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since there isnt much of a place to put them for now (left a post a while back in the suggestions forum to get build threads) ill throw this in here now. i recently inherited my dads 02 f250 after he passed away last month. i plan to build the truck up right but im on a college budget for now so it'll go pretty slow.
it currently has a K&N intake on it and I'm going to scrap that and put in a new system. i just ordered an intake and TS 6 position chip earlier today. scored both for right around $400. ill throw in some pictures when i figure out how to.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Don't forget gauges and exhaust before installing the chip.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i plan on using the chip for the stock and high idle modes for now until i get the gauges and exhaust. or should i just wait all together to put it in?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I ran mine for about 3 months with the chip and no gauges but i did have a exhaust. If anything straight pipe it for now to lower your egt's. Just no horse beating her till you get gauges is my suggestion

·
Registered
139 Posts
If I were you I would buy a digital management system such as an edge CTS or something of that nature. It can clear codes and can monitor many more engine and drivetrain parameters than a set of analog gauges. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i plan to get boost and EGT analog gauges and a bulldog watch dog or CTS like you were saying for the rest of the monitoring mounted on the pillar. half because i love the look of analogs but want the versatility of a digital systems but also because i might be young at 18 but im not much of one for technology. i know its limitations (like lag and calibration error etc) and i know the benefits of having something mechanical.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone know exactly what removing the redline off the wastegate does and if it can cause any problems? kinda played around with it this weekend just seeing if there was much of a difference.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so ive had money saved up for a real nice rifle for a while but the custom shop hasnt got to me for about 5 months now so im thinkn im gonna cancel that order and use the money for full exhaust and the bullydog watch dog. now i just gotta take look and see if i got a cat.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Sorry about the passing of your father!... Good luck on the truck build.

Tom

·
Registered
460 Posts
so ive had money saved up for a real nice rifle for a while but the custom shop hasnt got to me for about 5 months now so im thinkn im gonna cancel that order and use the money for full exhaust and the bullydog watch dog. now i just gotta take look and see if i got a cat.
Looking into gauges myself and pretty much every review about the bullydog has stated how small it is and hard to read. If you are set then go for it, just want to make sure you read up on it so aren't disappointed.

·
The Maddawg
5,734 Posts
Sorry about your father! Subscribing to this one! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,526 Posts
isso-pro for guages (personal pref.) or autometer, edge cts (JUST FOR GUAGES). Then intake, exh, then tunes then smile...Sorry for your loss

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking into gauges myself and pretty much every review about the bullydog has stated how small it is and hard to read. If you are set then go for it, just want to make sure you read up on it so aren't disappointed.
yeah i figured it would be pretty small. for right now im just using it to get by then once i save up another $300-400 im going to get analog boost and pyro gauges and just use the bullydog for the "non-essential" parameters and for trouble codes and defeuling if it has the capability for it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks to Wannabitawerm i will soon have the filter housing i need. if any of yall get a chance give him a big thumbs up. seems like a great guy.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so a couple buddies and i got the exhaust and chip in today. still waiting on the bully dog system and the exhaust tip from XDP. once i get that the fun can really begin! :woot: :scuffy

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so got up this morning to go fill up and go get some food and it would not start at all. spent about 20 30 minutes just cranking the thing over and over i could get it to fire once every now and then but it would just die on me. back to the drawing board

1 - 20 of 24 Posts