Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 02 f350 7.3. i have a 4 in exhaust and a cortex. dosent seemed like the cortex added much power. i uped the fuel pressure. i know that you could take a resistor off the map to ground as a boost fooler. it worked great on my 00 but i sold it so i cant look at it and see what resistor i need. also i have a stock air intake. i rember hearing something about a diy deal useing a round paper filter from napa. but dont know what one etc....... any other cheap power adders? i dont need to much more but it would be nice it had more than it does now. thanks!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
how did you up your fuel pressure? my truck could use this

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
cheap power and a 7.3 does not go together.... If want power id sell the superchip and buy a custom tunned 6 pos. chip from either:
Swamps
Tony Wildman
Beans
Gearhead
PHP
etc.

Look into the DIY intake and your gonna want a set of gauges to go with the chip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pulled the pressure regulator cap off and put a bb behind the spring. the pr is on the drivers side of the fuel filter. it has 2 torx bolts that holds the cap on and there is a fuel line connected to it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
already got gauges. i dont want a whole lot of power out of this one. just needs a touch more. i got a 00 that im slideing a set of twins on with 100 hp injectors and some other goodies.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok cool thanks. btw id say ditch the cortex and go with the edge evolution i have that on my truck and love it. i pulled 277ft with my 02 ccsb only other mods cold air and exhaust. didnt air the tires down at all. didnt feel i did too bad for a first pull

1 - 6 of 6 Posts