Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddies 2002 7.3 auto. Tranny temp shows fine, right in the middle but it has the light on. All the time now. Truck has 150K on it. Bought used no programmer nothing done to it. Suggestions? Seems to drive fine shifts fine all that. Tranny fluid is level. I suggest we do a tranny flush and go full synthetics since he doesn't know what it had. Any sensors or something common I should check for?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Buddies 2002 7.3 auto. Tranny temp shows fine, right in the middle but it has the light on. All the time now. Truck has 150K on it. Bought used no programmer nothing done to it. Suggestions? Seems to drive fine shifts fine all that. Tranny fluid is level. I suggest we do a tranny flush and go full synthetics since he doesn't know what it had. Any sensors or something common I should check for?
Is the light being on, the only thing that is wrong with it? Are any other gauges acting funny or not working? You probably need to just go have the code read. Could be a slippage code, or over temp code, but still might drive ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts