Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
On your graph ...are you causing the IVS to change or is it doing that by it's self? -- should stay in one state or the other depending on if your foot is on the skinny pedal or not

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
When you see it on and off that's when the truck is cutting out. I wanted to catch it without lifting my foot but of course each time it acted up someone was on my butt and apparently it's my nature to make it go!! I'll try again tomorrow. What else should I be monitoring?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ok these are with me holding the accelerator still as long as I can. Looks like the ipr is dropping out first
Screenshot_20200421-112355_FORScan Lite.jpg
Screenshot_20200421-112233_FORScan Lite.jpg
Screenshot_20200421-112156_FORScan Lite.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Dont think so -- the idle verification switch dropping out like that is where I would concentrate -- may or may not be the switch, it is just a micro clicker switch on the pedal -- and can be checked with an ohm meter

More likely a problem with the power supply heading to that switch(IVS) -- the power goes to other places as well, so need a wiring diagram to trace those places -- somewhere along the path you will find the problem

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I'll see what I can find for a diagram and ohm the pedal out. Seriously I cant thank you enough for the help. Should I monitor anything else while driving?

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Monitor whatever you want, the throttle seems to be showing the problem pretty well -- I don't think your problem is in the throttle tho -- it will be in the power supply that is common to it

You should see the problem with the truck sitting still -- don't even need to run the engine, just key on and push the pedal a little to activate the IVS -- then work with the harness while monitoring the graph

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Apparently the ivs is integrated into the tps on trucks with adjustable pedals. Digging around on the internet has revealed little information or wiring diagrams. If anyone has a diagram or a link to a useful wiring diagram for the ivs, tps and related circuits. I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
The IVS gets power from KEYPWR which is common to several circuits -- the diagram is unclear where KEYPWR originates -- well, we know from the key, but need to know the path to the IVS and what else is common to KEYPWR

Since the IVS data is switching states randomly, I suspect a short or broken wire in the KEYPWR circuit -- IVS should remain in state dependent on the throttle pedal being in the home position or not

Wire chafing on the adjustable pedals is a known problem, suggest checking there closely

41 - 53 of 53 Posts