Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if some one could give me some tips on what I could expect to see cloging or going wrong in my first tank of B100 in a truck with 182,000 miles on it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2001 F350 with 160,000 km. and have been running B100 for the last 5 or 6 fillups with no problems. I did start with lower percentage mixes on and off while we were getting our biodiesel plant up and running. Has anybody done any dyno tests to compare biodiesel to the petroleum kind? I have been getting slightly lower milages, ie. 15 to 16 litres per 100 km on biodiesel versus 13 to 15 on pump diesel.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was wondering if some one could give me some tips on what I could expect to see cloging or going wrong in my first tank of B100 in a truck with 182,000 miles on it?
What others have said... best to do a blend of bio/diesel the first 3 or 4 tanks. If you have already dumped 100% in there just top off with diesel a few times. Also, if you haven't already, do yourself a favor and have a fuel filter with you at all times. (plus any tools you may need) I can assure you it will clog up the first time you put on nice cloths. :hehe: After 3 or 4 tanks of blended run through the engine I would change the fuel filter regardless.

I have been getting slightly lower milages, ie. 15 to 16 litres per 100 km on biodiesel versus 13 to 15 on pump diesel.
The soy base bio I have been running has been an 8% decrease in milage for me. Thats an average based on a little over 7k miles.

Unfortunately for me my local guy has jacked his bio up to Dino pricing so the lost milage makes it a more exspensive option to run for me. :(

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Keep an eye on your fuel lines. They may start to leak and need to be replaced. There is a specific type / number to use. If I can find it I'll post it.
I ran B100 in mine for a while when I could get it and it (the truck) did fine.
Craig

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Biodiesel has aroudn 7.5% Less BTU/volume then petro diesel. I think regualr diesel is about 140,000BTU/gallon and biodiesel is 130,000BTU/gallon.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Keep an eye on your fuel lines. They may start to leak and need to be replaced. There is a specific type / number to use. If I can't find it I'll post it.
J30R9 fuel injection hose is bioD compatible

1 - 8 of 8 Posts