Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks, brand new to the site and diesel mechanics in general. I've owned this truck since brand new and has been great! It's all stock, but anyway, here's my story.
Started it to drive home from work yesterday...and it started right up...stumbled and stalled. It has never done that before. This morning, started right up, headed to work and I noticed at the traffic lights along the way, an intermittent stumble...almost stall...but it ran fine while driving. Parked, went to work, came out to go to lunch and it cranked and cranked...for about ten minutes, but wouldn't start...then it stumbled and stalled a few times, and then started and ran with what seems a ever so slight miss or surge of about 50 rpms or so on the tack. Ran it home, cause I didn't want to get stuck...picked up a new fuel filter for her and changed it...shes getting fuel to the filter bowl no problem...scared shes just going to conk out on the road, or not start once parked...any thoughts on what way to look? I hear the fuel pump with the key on etc...Thanks for any pointers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No sir, don't have current way to pull the codes...but if It is a purchase of a cable to my laptop, download of some software...I'll be glad to do that. It was my understanding that those cheaper code readers from an autoparts store don't work with the diesels...if I am incorrect, I have a neighbor who does have one that I can ask to borrow. thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I really need help!!! It won't start!

Following up my lasts posts...it cranks great..."wait to start light" operates...kicks here are there like it wants to start, but it WON'T!!!!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Without pulling DTC's it's hard to say but some other possibilities include a sticking IPR valve,weak HPOP,bad IDM,fuel pump, or air in the fuel system.

·
Banned
4,240 Posts
My guess at this point would be CPS, and second guess would be UVCH.

CPS is pretty easy, and you should carry a spare and a 10mm wrench to go with it, anyway. :wink[3]:

Welcome to guzzle's CPS R&R Web Page<

Wouldn't hurt to check the ICP too, just unplug it and start.

The UCVH is a little more complicated, and a little easier to diagnose with a code reader. You are correct about generic OBDII scanners, they don't work well with these trucks. :doh:

If you have the money I recommend Auto Enginuity w/ Ford package, awesome tool! :thumb:

50 cent mod - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

:ORG welcome:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts