Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey everyone have a problem that’s already getting expensive and frustrating. As you can see pouring coolant but a little back story, pulled off the highway and onto my gravel road everything was fine, pull into my driveway, park and then steam floods out under my truck (thought it might have been dust at first but quickly smelt coolant as soon as I hopped out) got my truck turned off immediately (no overheat), used a flashlight to inspect and from what it looked like radiator cracked(had a nice previous bash I never noticed) okay no problem. picked up a new radiator and coolant and got everything installed, got about 2 gallons in before I checked underneath and noticed a steady stream coming from the water pump and running down the block. Now I’m $350 in a new radiator (was probably time anyways) and still leaking coolant, seems to be water pump but is that known to just give out instantly? Luckily I was already parked in my driveway so no tow. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
78 Posts
My waterpump went out on me around 185,xxx miles. I got to the furniture store and my wife was outside when i pulled up. she asked what the racket coming from my truck was. I told her "duh, its a Diesel". Shes like, "no, not that noise". restarted the truck and turned the radio, and it was just screeching. Shut it off, and popped the hood. There was my fan sitting crooked with aluminum shavings all around the fan shaft. bearing went out. Had to swap it out in the driveway when it was 17* 4 days before Xmas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts