Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sitting about 2 days it will take about a minute of crank time then sputters for ten minutes, if I let it sit a week it takes me ten minutes to start! It has no smoke out the exhaust while trying to start and seems as though its getting 0 fuel, checked h pop level and fuel bowl no drain down on them, could an icp sensor do this? Even if its plugged in in 80 degrees weater it will not start after sitting about a week for about ten minutes or longer of cranking

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
After sitting about 2 days it will take about a minute of crank time then sputters for ten minutes, if I let it sit a week it takes me ten minutes to start! It has no smoke out the exhaust while trying to start and seems as though its getting 0 fuel, checked h pop level and fuel bowl no drain down on them, could an icp sensor do this? Even if its plugged in in 80 degrees weater it will not start after sitting about a week for about ten minutes or longer of cranking
Google Ford superduty diagnostics on the cheap. Post codes and your live data readings. Use forscan instead of torque

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
What is your ICP and IPR while cranking? They should be about 14% IPR and 2200 ICP. If the IPR reads low, ICP sensor is very suspect. Try unplugging the ICP before cranking and let us know how that works out.

Also whats the miles/original injectors?
Any modifications?
Rpms while cranking reading with a monitor and voltage while cranking

·
Premium Member
8,429 Posts
You need a minimum of 100 rpm and 9.0 volts to the PCM
45 psi fuel pressure
Would be good to know these readings

I suggest downloading ForScan and using the OBDLink MX+ or the BAFX adapter
Torque Pro would be good for everyday use

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.