Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I just replaced the smaller of the 2 solenoids because it was clicking when I tried to start it and all the idiot lights were on. I replaced the battery as well. Now it starts just fine but it won't turn off! I can turn off the igniton, the guages turn off, pull out the key and its still idling away.....Whats up????

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
What solenoids? There's a lot of them. You must have not put wires back right or hit something else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am assuming it was the starter solenoid that I replaced, because when i turned the ignition on, all I would get was buzzing and flashing of the Abs light, the battery light, the glow plug light, the engine light etc. and the relays were clicking in the fuse panel. So i replaced the battery.... started for 3 sec. and cut off. replaced the solenoid which was extremely hot, it started right up ran great and now it won't turn off...(key off, out of ignition..just keeps running) Everything is hooked up correctly there are 2 small wires, and 2 bigger wires, impossible to mix them up...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should I replace the other solenoid? (Its mounted right next to it) maybe its stuck closed from irregular voltage? or maybe the dude gave me the wrong part at the store.. I'm totally confused..:dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved

Update.....The solenoid I purchased was the wrong one.... I put the old one back in, changed the batteries and alternator and PRESTO.. problem solved.. back on the road.. $360.00 later..

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, im having the same original issue that you had. turn off the key and truck keeps running. ive replace key cylinder and ignition switch and still wont shut off. any advice?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts