Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
truck is hard starting spin for a while then fires truck drives but with lots of white smoke, if you get the truck over 2200rpms it stumbles on its face and sounds like it runs on 2 cylinders will then stall or barely run to keep it alive when this happens i have to push the cultch in and rev up the motor full throttle is about 1500rpms when it stumbles and there is a very dark oily but thicker that oil substance coming out of the exhaust pipe plz help me

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'd get a scanner on it and check for codes. Do a cct on it too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
how would i get a scanner and what is a cct, i have a superchip and it read ses codes is that what you mean

·
Registered
4 Posts
white smoke to me says water or way too much fuel. other option is that one of the intercooler boots came off or is torn and has been sucking dirt. hope its not that.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Take the superchip out and see if it does any different. If so, then its the chip. Have you replaced your CPS under the factory recall yet?

·
Registered
659 Posts
white smoke to me says water or way too much fuel. other option is that one of the intercooler boots came off or is torn and has been sucking dirt. hope its not that.
way too much fuel would make black smoke not white,white smoke is partially burnt fuel from not having enough heat to burn it.black is partially burnt fuel from not having enough air to burn it.and a torn intercooler boot would not make it run like he is saying.

·
Registered
659 Posts
sounds like injector oring possibly.i would get a good scanner hooked up and do a buzz and cylinder cont. test.that will tell you a lot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts