Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2000 f550 runs ruff, why is #8 injector an AE?

Ok i got a 00 f550 to work on for a guy, here is the story he took it to a local shop because it was runnig ruff so they figured 7 and 8 injectors were bad so they replaced them but they told him #8 is a different part number than the others because its different , so they charged him like 100 dollars more for #8 .....I never heard of that have any of you? so he gets his truck back ofter paying 1500 bucks and it runs worse now than it did before... it just sounds like #8 is banging really loud,
so he takes it to me and i pull the valve cover off and #8 has a different number than the other 3 and it has a LL on it, I also tried looking the part# on it up and i cant even find it so i am wondering if maybe they put the wrong injector in or maybe its a generic number but the whole #8 being different throws me off , but i scanned it and no codes, the truck has really low power and misses ,I am more of a cummins mechanic, this is my first powerstroke that has come to me....any info or help would be appreciated

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
TTT for help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.