·
Registered
1,339 Posts
both.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you recommend using spacers on this heavy truck.. Maybe should look for exact fit? Is there year I should look for instead?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Spacers are your call. I run 08 lariat 18s on 2 inch HUB-CENTRIC spacers. You could in theory only do the front but that would look wonky to me. Some guys do the fronts only because they "tow heavy" but fail to realize you'd need like 4k in tongue weight to match the weight on the front spacers because of the motor. (Just a pet peeve of mine)

Long story short. I drive my truck with my grandmother, my parents, my fiancé, or my friends in the passenger seat (Not to mention myself driving) and I don't think twice about it. Ever. But its your call. But do Front and back spacers otherwise your rear wheels will look really sucked-in to the wheel well.

I paid like $340 for my set of 4 but they got a lifetime warranty and I haven't had an issue yet. Just be aware with the 20s you may rub the front bumper a TINY bit but nothing a little trim can't fix!

Also the only OEM for wheels that fit your truck without spacers will be 16s. Its a bummer I know. You'll love the 20s, just be ready to pay-out for the spacers but you'll never look back.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Who do you get that weird symbol on your title. This is the second thread I've seen it on.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, with spacers. Mine are 18"

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
On your spacers, did you have to removed the rear axles to install the spacers?

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Have any of you guys had any problem with the spacers causing vibrations. I read somewhere that the aluminum ones aren't so good and were giving people problems, and that the metal ones worked better.
I've been considering doing the same thing with mine. There are lots of "take off" wheels on the market right now.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Have any of you guys had any problem with the spacers causing vibrations. I read somewhere that the aluminum ones aren't so good and were giving people problems, and that the metal ones worked better.
I've been considering doing the same thing with mine. There are lots of "take off" wheels on the market right now.
I have alum ones with no issues. The key here is quality...I have the BORA spacers. I know theres a guy out there somewhere that makes nice steel ones.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i took my 1.5 inch spacers off after eating 2 wheel bearings within 10,000 miles. handles much better. i do not have 08 wheels nor am i aware of the stipulations to running them. just my .02 on spacers in general. i also had billet aluminum bolt on hub centric ones

·
Registered
951 Posts
I've not had such issues. My wheel bearings have 8-10k on them right now and they've ALWAYS had spacers on them. Were you using stock rims too?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts