Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1% Club
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find anything on this product on the Ford website or here. How does this system work? What carrier is it through? What is the monthly/annual cost? Are there data limits or hard stops?

Looking at a NEW 2019 F350 DRW Platinum with this option.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I cannot find anything on this product on the Ford website or here. How does this system work? What carrier is it through? What is the monthly/annual cost? Are there data limits or hard stops?

Looking at a NEW 2019 F350 DRW Platinum with this option.
I assume mine is the same, it works via AT&T and costs me $15 a month for unlimited data, only works while the engine is on AFAICT. There was a free trial when I got mine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I assume mine is the same, it works via AT&T and costs me $15 a month for unlimited data, only works while the engine is on AFAICT. There was a free trial when I got mine.
Please explain AFAICT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
So I am now on an AT&T plan where I have a limit of 9 GB. So with this $15 a month plan, would the GB in data used while in the truck not be subtracted from my regular plan?

·
Registered
182 Posts
So I am now on an AT&T plan where I have a limit of 9 GB. So with this $15 a month plan, would the GB in data used while in the truck not be subtracted from my regular plan?

I have 2 seperate accounts (and 2 bills) there is some linking of the accounts for the plan I have. I can see seperate usage and it does not count towards my phone account. My son was using his ipad on it while travelling the other day so it is easy for me to confirm.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have 2 seperate accounts (and 2 bills) there is some linking of the accounts for the plan I have. I can see seperate usage and it does not count towards my phone account. My son was using his ipad on it while travelling the other day so it is easy for me to confirm.
Very helpful. Thank you

·
Premium Member
71 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
1% Club
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fordpass connect not only enables wifi capability (via At&t for a monthly fee), but also provides some free functions via the Fordpass app.

https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-sync-connect.html
Inquiring minds want to know.

As I read the Ford propaganda “FordPass” only offers remote start, lock and unlock, vehicle location, and vehicle status check. “Connected service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot” so must one use AT&T? Good coverage is atrocious, otherwise I would not be using Verizon.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Fordpass connect not only enables wifi capability (via At&t for a monthly fee), but also provides some free functions via the Fordpass app.

https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-sync-connect.html
Inquiring minds want to know.

As I read the Ford propaganda “FordPass” only offers remote start, lock and unlock, vehicle location, and vehicle status check. “Connected service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot” so must one use AT&T? Good coverage is atrocious, otherwise I would not be using Verizon.
At&t is the only choice. The truck will cone with a 3 month/10gb trial, that will give you the opportunity to see if its worth a monthly service plan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts