Spacer Between Dually Wheels - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes. Forum sponsored by: discounttire.com

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 Old 10-18-2019, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.joe View Post
Wouldn't theoretically the wheel spacer it self be centered on hub along with the inner wheel, then using the acorn lugnuts the outer wheel be centered on the spacer?
That would work if you have lug centric wheels that use the acorn style lug nuts. The factory wheels are hub centric and use flat lug nuts. Unless that has changed on the later model trucks.
I'm using a set of factory 17inch steelies which mount hubcentric. So I'm going to need hubcentric spacers not the lug cenctric. The only question now is which brand would be best suitable. I'd like to go solid steel but cant find any. The best I've seen are these from Bora

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/dually/ford_s

Unless anyone else has an suggestions on what brand to run. Shouldve just bought the correct size tire to begin with haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 10-18-2019, 08:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Garage
I'd go with Wheel Adapter USA. They make hub centric and lug centric. Give them a call. They would be more than happy to help you out and i got my spacers from Cali to PA in 3 days.

180/30s,KC38R, CNC Fab Stg 2 HPOP, Sump, Walbro, Donaldson 6637, Leveled, 4'' straight to 7'' tip, 08 mirrors, 6.0 front end ect...
post #13 of 18 Old 10-18-2019, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Buffalo7.3 View Post
I'd go with Wheel Adapter USA. They make hub centric and lug centric. Give them a call. They would be more than happy to help you out and i got my spacers from Cali to PA in 3 days.
Just checked with them. Looks like they're sold out of the hubcentric 8x200 spacers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 Old 10-18-2019, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Just checked with them. Looks like they're sold out of the hubcentric 8x200 spacers.
Well i'd still give them a call to check on the time frame. I'm not saying brand "X"is better or worse but i wouldn't buy the ones you can get the fastest if they are lesser quality. I'm happy with my WAU spacers and i'd definitely recommend them.

180/30s,KC38R, CNC Fab Stg 2 HPOP, Sump, Walbro, Donaldson 6637, Leveled, 4'' straight to 7'' tip, 08 mirrors, 6.0 front end ect...
post #15 of 18 Old 10-18-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Buffalo7.3 View Post
Quote:
Well i'd still give them a call to check on the time frame. I'm not saying brand "X"is better or worse but i wouldn't buy the ones you can get the fastest if they are lesser quality. I'm happy with my WAU spacers and i'd definitely recommend them.
Ended up going with the BORA spacers. So hopefully everything will line up neatly. Thanks for the help and advice though. If I remember I'll take a few pics when it's all together and throw them on here.
post #16 of 18 Old 10-18-2019, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
There is nothing wrong with aluminum spacers, I have had 2" aluminum spacers on my truck for 3 years. Bora makes good quality spacers, you will be fine with those as long as they are installed properly.

00 f250 ext. cab, lb, 4x4, 158,000, zf 6 speed, South Bend 1944ofe, 4 in lift, 315/75/16 Courser MXTs, rear Detroit locker, PMF traction bars, Full Force 180/80 injectors, php hydra, Riff Raff frx, Riff Raff billet compressor wheel, Dieselsite pre pump kit, Dorman up pipes,IAH delete, ccv mod, 6637 filter, Auto Meter gauges, scan guage 2, 4 in diamod eye straight pipe 6 in tip.
post #17 of 18 Old 10-19-2019, 10:51 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Swapping my crew cab short bed into a short bed dually. Accumulated all the parts needed except I've run into a problem. I got 295/75/17s on a steal of a price. The rears are going to touch without a spacer. I ordered a set of two 2" wheel spacers

https://wheeladaptersusa.com/product...rduty-dually-1

I plan to daily drive and possibly tow a gooseneck 3 or 4 times a year. Anyone have an experience running a spacer like this between the tires?
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't tow a gooseneck, meaning some substantial pin weight, with spacers on a Dually. These trucks are meant to carry weight but by adding spacers you are adding a variable of fit on the hub, the outer rim on the hub, longer studs, acorn nuts.....just doesn't seem like a good decision.

Tom

2014 XLT Premium CC Dually 2WD, Remote Start Added, Diesel Site Dual Filters, Rudy's Cold Air Pipe, Infotainment Radio Swap + Rear Camera Added

2002 XLT CC Dually 2WD, 6 Spd, True Workhorse that kept going.

1999 F250 Lariat CC LB SRW 2 WD, Automatic. Just didn't perform towing.
post #18 of 18 Old 10-20-2019, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomshep View Post
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't tow a gooseneck, meaning some substantial pin weight, with spacers on a Dually. These trucks are meant to carry weight but by adding spacers you are adding a variable of fit on the hub, the outer rim on the hub, longer studs, acorn nuts.....just doesn't seem like a good decision.

Tom
As long as they are good quality spacers and are installed properly they are completely safe to tow and haul with. Mine isn't a dually but I tow and haul all the time with my 2" spacers and I have never had a problem. I inspect them twice a year when I rotate the tires and they are still in good shape after 3 years of use.

00 f250 ext. cab, lb, 4x4, 158,000, zf 6 speed, South Bend 1944ofe, 4 in lift, 315/75/16 Courser MXTs, rear Detroit locker, PMF traction bars, Full Force 180/80 injectors, php hydra, Riff Raff frx, Riff Raff billet compressor wheel, Dieselsite pre pump kit, Dorman up pipes,IAH delete, ccv mod, 6637 filter, Auto Meter gauges, scan guage 2, 4 in diamod eye straight pipe 6 in tip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode