Cooper Tire Company issues - Page 7 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes. Forum sponsored by: discounttire.com

49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 64 Old 05-31-2019, 01:13 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

-jokester
White_Buffalo7.3 likes this.

2005 F350 CCLB FX4 Lariat
SCT SF3 - Currently running PHP 80hp Daily Driver Tune with Atlas 40 FICM Tune
Edge Insight CTS2 monitor
Edge EAS EGT probe
Edge EAS Fuel Pressure Sensor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 06-19-2019, 08:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
The Cooper ATP caught my eye and sucked me into this thread.
I was hoping to see it turn out ok but alas seems he got the run around I did only he is more persistent than I am.

I had the same tire on my 2015 Ram 2500 and had a wobble from the get go. Discount stuck all kinds of weight on the wheel and rotated to the rear so it wouldn’t be as noticeable. As the miles progressed the wobble got worse and I noticed the sidewall developing cracks all the way around. I took it into the shop and the tech said they were cosmetic and not to worry. Took it to another shop (not Discount) and they said they were deep enough that they would recommend replacing. They also road force balanced all my tires for me and when they tried the trouble tire they removed the tire from the wheel and mounted a different tire to check if my wheel was bent. I needed next to no wheel weight with the new tire.
They put all their findings on paper and I went back to Discount and they basically said they would replace the tire only if I paid for it because they said nothing was wrong. I paid the extra money for their warranty and had less than 30,000 miles on the tires at that point.
At that point I decided to end my 20 year customer relationship with Discount and go to Big O where my father has been a loyal customer for several decades.

It may be just that shop where they gave me the run around but if you don’t want to honor your warranty and turn away a customer then that customer has no choice but to find somewhere where they do honor their warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #63 of 64 Old 06-19-2019, 09:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Garage
well i was looking at some AT3s.... not any more. Time for some Bridgestone Duelers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 64 Old 06-19-2019, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboar View Post
The Cooper ATP caught my eye and sucked me into this thread.
I was hoping to see it turn out ok but alas seems he got the run around I did only he is more persistent than I am.

I had the same tire on my 2015 Ram 2500 and had a wobble from the get go. Discount stuck all kinds of weight on the wheel and rotated to the rear so it wouldn’t be as noticeable. As the miles progressed the wobble got worse and I noticed the sidewall developing cracks all the way around. I took it into the shop and the tech said they were cosmetic and not to worry. Took it to another shop (not Discount) and they said they were deep enough that they would recommend replacing. They also road force balanced all my tires for me and when they tried the trouble tire they removed the tire from the wheel and mounted a different tire to check if my wheel was bent. I needed next to no wheel weight with the new tire.
They put all their findings on paper and I went back to Discount and they basically said they would replace the tire only if I paid for it because they said nothing was wrong. I paid the extra money for their warranty and had less than 30,000 miles on the tires at that point.
At that point I decided to end my 20 year customer relationship with Discount and go to Big O where my father has been a loyal customer for several decades.

It may be just that shop where they gave me the run around but if you don’t want to honor your warranty and turn away a customer then that customer has no choice but to find somewhere where they do honor their warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warboar, I apologize for your experience with one of the local Discount Tire stores on the replacement of one of your tires. We know there are many choices when it comes to tires and wheels and do out best to make sure all of our customers are 100% satisfied, but it sounds like in this case we missed the mark. I apologize for that. Last year alone we replaced over 17,000 tires through our Certificate program. PM coming your way.
Heavy_GD, jokester00 and Warboar like this.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To Your Door:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Discount Tire; 06-19-2019 at 11:19 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Discount Tire For This Useful Post:
jokester00 (06-19-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode