Cooper Tire Company issues - Page 3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Forum sponsored by: discounttire.com

49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 64 Old 03-20-2018, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,995 Posts
Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Quoted: 3099 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Ahhhhhhhfirmative!

GD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 64 Old 03-20-2018, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Anti-Hashtag Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well I just received a call from Cooper......by mistake. They are finally calling Ford to get an estimate for the wheel. I dont know whether to be happy or upset that they cant tell my info from Fords.......but hey, its still progress......

Only two defining forces have ever died for you, one died for your soul, and the other died for your freedom. They are Jesus Christ and the American Military Service member. So, pray to God for your soul, and Thank a Veteran for the right to do so.

2007 King Ranch CC F-350 SRW

Performance Machines EGR Delete
Performance Machines Coolant Filter
Blue Spring Mod
SCT Tuner
Straight Piped

Custom Tunes by MPT

Mishimoto Radiatior
post #23 of 64 Old 03-20-2018, 01:44 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,038 Times in 934 Posts
Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You should've said you *were* Ford and that the wheels list for $4800. ...each.
starcommtrey1 and jokester00 like this.

2004 F550 CC Lariat
BPD oil cooler relocation and upgraded EGR cooler (spooled), BPD oil bypass filtration, aFe Magnum Force CAI, Mishi radiator, 7.3L fan clutch, EC1 ELC, XDP coolant bypass filtration, '08 trans pan/filter, PTP direct clutch solenoid, blue spring, 6.4 starter, MBRP y-pipe, BD boots/clamps, '05 intake elbow, ccv reroute, Torque Pro + OBDLinkô LX, Autometer EGT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 64 Old 03-21-2018, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Anti-Hashtag Member

Quote:
You should've said you *were* Ford and that the wheels list for $4800. ...each.
Yup......that would have been nice.....maybe this morning I'll be met with "Check is in the mail."

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Only two defining forces have ever died for you, one died for your soul, and the other died for your freedom. They are Jesus Christ and the American Military Service member. So, pray to God for your soul, and Thank a Veteran for the right to do so.

Blue Spring Mod
SCT Tuner
Straight Piped

Custom Tunes by MPT

Mishimoto Radiatior
The Following User Says Thank You to starcommtrey1 For This Useful Post:
99whitedually (03-21-2018)
post #25 of 64 Old 03-21-2018, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Anti-Hashtag Member

Finally the man who took my claim is in. I called him first thing this morning and heard the sigh in his voice when he answered the phone knowing it was me. Well, we are half a month in and they finally called Ford yesterday only to be sent an invoice $255.00 more expensive than what I was quoted. The claim with them does not cover that amount, so they are sending it to their insurance company. I got my hopes up and asked does that mean you are accepting liability to which he replied no. They were able to get the tire to seal. I mentioned, it may not be leaking, but with that much extra rubber, it is far from sealed and then we are adding a 7k lb truck on top of it not to mention the weight of my trailer that will put the seal and the sidewalls to the test. Anywho, I was informed that it will be at least another THREE WEEKS before they have a decision that in my mind should take no less than an hour, two at most, and a day on the ludicrous lazy side.

@Discount Tire Thank you for your help, but this company is far from you on CS.

Blue Spring Mod
SCT Tuner
Straight Piped

Custom Tunes by MPT

Mishimoto Radiatior
post #26 of 64 Old 03-21-2018, 06:30 AM

Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,744 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Quoted: 3881 Post(s)
what do they cover $ wise before going to insurance?

maybe cut a deal?

6.0 flush pdf
post #27 of 64 Old 03-21-2018, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Anti-Hashtag Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
what do they cover $ wise before going to insurance?

maybe cut a deal?
I dont know. They knew the cost was 1250 minimum before this. The guy yesterday said it was the wrong type of claim and he would change it. Today I got told it would change again and now go to insurance. IDK what is wrong with these people. I got three shops saying that extra rubber will absolutely cause a seal problem, if not every time, than at least 1/100 times. Discount Tire has already sent me a replacement tire. This is just shoddy customer service. They know that is wayyyyy to much rubber left, but deny, deny, deny. They have put the blame on the install company saying they probably ripped the bead, except we have pictures that its not ripped, then they said it was Discount Tires problem as the tire is made for them and them alone. Basically every song and dance except we screwed up, let us make it right. Apparently they have a "forensics team" that still has to look at the tire. I imagine the qualifications for that was knowing the difference between a valve stem and a sidewall.
ZMANN likes this.

Blue Spring Mod
SCT Tuner
Straight Piped

Custom Tunes by MPT

Mishimoto Radiatior
post #28 of 64 Old 03-21-2018, 07:10 AM

Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,744 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Quoted: 3881 Post(s)
seems like a lot of drama just to lead you on for a month and finally tell you "sorry" your on your own

but would I be surprised? I know BFG paid a fender repair bill with no hassle and Toyo had every excuse in the book to deny the same type of claim

I wonder if there is just no firm policy for these types of claims ? if nothing else they should be expedited so you aren't waiting for the news

I hope it works out soon

6.0 flush pdf
post #29 of 64 Old 03-21-2018, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,086 Times in 1,995 Posts
Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Quoted: 3099 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sounds pretty standard, deny deny deny, then make the process so difficult people wont deal with it.

Standard procedure, especially after a vacation.

GD

Quote:
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #30 of 64 Old 03-21-2018, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
Anti-Hashtag Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
Sounds pretty standard, deny deny deny, then make the process so difficult people wont deal with it.

Standard procedure, especially after a vacation.
The problem is I am stubborn and patient......I will hold out for months to see them make it right.
Patriot, Heavy_GD and jokester00 like this.

Blue Spring Mod
SCT Tuner
Straight Piped

Custom Tunes by MPT

Mishimoto Radiatior
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode