Dually Life - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes. Forum sponsored by: discounttire.com

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 06-09-2017, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dually Life

2015 F350 DRW... Is it true that the front wheels and the rear outer wheels are the same wheels just flipped over?

2015 F350 DRW Platinum, SCT X4, EDGE CTS2, aFe PDS, AirLift 5000 Ultimate & Wireless Air, Lund LED Bull Bar, RC Grille bar, B&W 5th Wheel, Stark LED Lighting
2010 F250, H&S Mini Maxx, aFe PDS, Diamond Eye 4", Pro Comp Nitro 2.5", Bilstein 5100, Westin Bull Bar, Bushwacker Pocket Style, B&W Slider, Firestone Ride-Rite, Fuel Hostage 20x10, Pioneer/Kicker/JL Audio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-18-2017, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

3 months later and no answers? Wow! Have I stumped the masses?

Nah, I'm probably just being ignored... sob.
ZMANN likes this.

2015 F350 DRW Platinum, SCT X4, EDGE CTS2, aFe PDS, AirLift 5000 Ultimate & Wireless Air, Lund LED Bull Bar, RC Grille bar, B&W 5th Wheel, Stark LED Lighting
2010 F250, H&S Mini Maxx, aFe PDS, Diamond Eye 4", Pro Comp Nitro 2.5", Bilstein 5100, Westin Bull Bar, Bushwacker Pocket Style, B&W Slider, Firestone Ride-Rite, Fuel Hostage 20x10, Pioneer/Kicker/JL Audio
post #3 of 12 Old 08-18-2017, 07:45 PM

Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quoted: 3909 Post(s)
the steels are the aluminum aren't

from what I have read

so bust out the tire irons and give us some real info ;-)

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 08-18-2017, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

These wheels in particular...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160425_174913.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	6.42 MB
ID:	642170  

post #5 of 12 Old 08-18-2017, 08:04 PM

Thanked 1,810 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 697 Post(s)
Quoted: 3909 Post(s)
from what I gather
if the inners are steel they need to stay in the back and the polished units only have one good surface

if they were all steels you could move all over

so no definite answer but atleast your getting some traction lol

6.0 flush pdf
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 Old 08-19-2017, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

The reason I'm asking is because I have exessive tire wear on the outside only of both front tires. Alignment checked and good. The Ford rep a local dealer contacted said rotate the tires. Well if the front wheels and the outer rear wheels are the same then that would work. If not, then the only way to rotate is to take each tire off and move them on the wheels. No likey.

post #7 of 12 Old 08-19-2017, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
On my dually 2005 f-350 outer rear, just turn around and put on front, flip front put on back.
If brake dust isn't so bad you can't get the outer rear cleaned polished up.
Jer-1
ZMANN likes this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JER-1 For This Useful Post:
ZMANN (08-19-2017)
post #8 of 12 Old 08-19-2017, 01:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I don't know about the 2015 but, on my 2004, the front & rear outers were essentially the same other than which side was polished.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-19-2017, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
A dually with mag wheels have 3 different wheels. Front, rear outer, and rear inner.
Front wheels are the same size but polished in the convex where as the rear outer are polished on the concave. Rear inner are simply painted steel.

You cannot stack 2 mag wheels together on the rear it will be too thick.

Your not supposed to break up a set of duals, so inner stay inner and outer outer. Rotating is done side to side with each tire having the same inner/outer position, front/rear as before, just on the opposite side of the truck.

In other words, you can swap the front tires too each other, but if both are wearing the same this obviously will have no effect. I would venture to say the alignment machine is off, the rack is too short, or the tech is inexperienced. I guess the tires could just be messed up, but take it to another shop with a giant rack.

If your towing heavy or loaded constantly then this will effect the front alignment, good when empty, changed when loaded.
Basically the weight in the rear will allow the front to angle in more.
post #10 of 12 Old 08-28-2017, 05:25 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
The reason I'm asking is because I have exessive tire wear on the outside only of both front tires. Alignment checked and good. The Ford rep a local dealer contacted said rotate the tires. Well if the front wheels and the outer rear wheels are the same then that would work. If not, then the only way to rotate is to take each tire off and move them on the wheels. No likey.
I had the same problem on my 2015. I took it to the tire shop to have it looked at. They told me I needed the tires rotated. I asked them how to rotate the tires on a dually since the rims are steel inners on the rear with polished inside surface on the outer, and polished outside surface on the front. They can't exactly just be swapped around. The tires need to be unmounted and remounted in the new positions. Since I bought the tires there, the only cost to me was time. Gonna go have them swapped around today.

Continuity is not important as long as everything is touching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode