Help! Gooseneck Hitch Ball Missing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Towing, Hauling & Diesel Competition Discussion of Powerstroke Usage EG. Towing & Hauling Habits, Off Roading , Diesel Drags, Sled Pulls, ect...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-18-2019, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lightbulb Help! Gooseneck Hitch Ball Missing

Hello all. I have acquired a 2003 Ford Superduty that is missing the gooseneck hitch ball. I have tried finding any identifying marks, but there's nothing on the hitch or brackets. There is also no lever or pin to lock the ball in place.

I am thinking it is a Reese Elite with the PopIn ball, but not sure what years they were sold. These balls have a release lever on the top to retract the locks. Finding online pictures of the hitch hole is nearly impossible.

Any info is helpful. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3584.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	352.7 KB
ID:	714931  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-19-2019, 09:07 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
I got a GN ball from a 2014 Ford Hitch, it is the same as you describe, with the notch on top that you pull up to retract the pins and push down to lock the pins. Not sure if it'll work, let me know.

Work Truck: 2010 F350 KR Oxford aka 'Polar Xpress'

DD/Tow Rig: 2014 F350 KR aka 'Blue 343' - RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ford F250 CrewCab SWB 4X4 XLT. Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4" MBRP 409 SS Turbo-Back w/ Cat & Muff Delete
SCT Livewire w/ Looney Tunes, Courtesy of Vivian
Revtek 2.5" Level Kit
Nitto TG From Discount Tire
LineX
HID Highs/Lows 6000K.
Front & Rear Strobes & Front Dual Talon LED Dash Light, All Whelen;
post #3 of 7 Old 02-19-2019, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hi BigGreen06. Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have the hitch still? Curious if you could take a picture of the hole and/or ball. I pulled the bed today to check for labels or stamps on the top of the hitch, but there weren’t any.

Ultimate goal is to pull a fifth wheel. I like the idea of a clean bed and gooseneck + Andersen Ultimate seems to be a good setup. Another option is a BW gooseneck with their companion, but would be a bit more.

Appreciate any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-20-2019, 07:49 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Dont have the truck anymore, but will take a pic of the ball, do you have a phone # or email? Just PM me.

Work Truck: 2010 F350 KR Oxford aka 'Polar Xpress'

DD/Tow Rig: 2014 F350 KR aka 'Blue 343' - RIP

Ford F250 CrewCab SWB 4X4 XLT. Sold

4" MBRP 409 SS Turbo-Back w/ Cat & Muff Delete
SCT Livewire w/ Looney Tunes, Courtesy of Vivian
Revtek 2.5" Level Kit
Nitto TG From Discount Tire
LineX
HID Highs/Lows 6000K.
Front & Rear Strobes & Front Dual Talon LED Dash Light, All Whelen;
post #5 of 7 Old 02-21-2019, 08:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xracr View Post
Hi BigGreen06. Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have the hitch still? Curious if you could take a picture of the hole and/or ball. I pulled the bed today to check for labels or stamps on the top of the hitch, but there weren’t any.

Ultimate goal is to pull a fifth wheel. I like the idea of a clean bed and gooseneck + Andersen Ultimate seems to be a good setup. Another option is a BW gooseneck with their companion, but would be a bit more.

Appreciate any help you can offer.
I work for an RV dealership and we have good luck with the companions. Another great option is the Reese goose box. The goose box replaces the pin box on your fifth wheel. Personally I love it since it does not take up bed space like a fifth wheel hitch does. It also has an airbag on the box which is a nice touch.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-23-2019, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_7.three View Post
I work for an RV dealership and we have good luck with the companions. Another great option is the Reese goose box. The goose box replaces the pin box on your fifth wheel. Personally I love it since it does not take up bed space like a fifth wheel hitch does. It also has an airbag on the box which is a nice touch.
Thank You. Appreciate the input. I definitely have looked into the goose box now and it might be an option for us. As of the moment we are considering the Andersen Ultimate or the Goose Box. The companion would require replacing the under bed hitch, which we confirmed to be a Reese Elite, prior to using. Also, not being 200+lbs is a positive for us too.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-23-2019, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen06 View Post
Dont have the truck anymore, but will take a pic of the ball, do you have a phone # or email? Just PM me.
Hi BigGreen06. PM Sent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
gooseneck , gooseneck install , hauling , hitch , towing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode