Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2007 F250 steering box installation

681 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Hydro 
#1 · (Edited)
Im in the process of replacing my steering box on my 2007 F250 6.0 Diesel. When I started this though I didn’t tie my steering wheel down. At some point my steering wheel got turned to the left and is now locked (wheels are still straight).

My question is, Can I turn the car to the on position with the steering box out and turn the steering wheel back to the center? Or will it mess up my steering shaft? I saw a steering box replacement video where the guy mentions something about airbag springs and to make sure you don’t move the steering wheel when you’re separating it from the steering box.

Does it matter if I install the new steering box and my steering wheel is turned to the left the way it is? The wheels are in the straight position.

#4 ·
You can turn very gently each way, with the steering shaft disconnected ...feeling for the end of travel -- then just split the middle of the travel

--- if you get too rough on the clock spring, you will be replacing it

Reactions: ZMANN
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.