ford says my front end is shot! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By SparkyF250
  • 1 Post By fordsvtparts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-07-2019, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ford says my front end is shot!

hello its been a while since i have been here but i just gotta ask, ford says i need all new ball joints, a drag link, a pitman arm and the bushings on the front sway bar, but they want a pile to fix it, too big a pile i have an 01 f350 4x4 drw 7.3 can i get some advice on the best parts to get to do this job? my truck is all over the road i have had multiple front end alignments and i decided to take it to ford to see just what the hell is going on. well there ya have it, plz steer me in the right direction guys. ill do the damn job myself and then get it aligned. thanks

2001 F-350 4x4 DRW Banks 4" turbo back straight pipe exh with power elbow, Banks quick turbo housing, WW2, 6637mod, Non EBPV, 4r100 trans with transgo tugger kit and TC lock up valve, dorman up pipes, Banks pod egt, boost, 4:10 gears, dieselsite 203 thermostat w-billet housing, CCV mod, Airbags, gun rack, spittoon, PHP Hydra, aih delete, Foil delete,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-07-2019, 08:19 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 212 Post(s)
Quoted: 3224 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
MOOG or OEM, ball joints, tie rods inner & outer, drag link, steering stabilizer and sway bar links. 1A auto has a kit for $160 but I'd buy better quality personally. I'll link the 1A kit so you can see the parts list (they give you the MOOG & OE part numbers).
https://www.1aauto.com/ford-steering...hoCK1IQAvD_BwE

Best bet for OEM is Autonation Ford WBL Mike can price everything for you. @fordsvtparts
Moog, you'll have to source yourself (Summit Racing and Jegs carries everything). I used their parts when I did my steering a couple years ago and so far so good. Summit and Rock Auto carry OE parts too but I'd give WBL a chance, they usually have the best prices.
fordsvtparts likes this.

Sparky
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 F250 CCSB KR 4x4 6.0 4" Flo-Pro,
Fox 2.0s, Toyo ATs, CTS2 Pro, Blue Spring, BPD 7.3 Fan Clutch, IPR Coolant Filter

2000 F350 SCLB Dually 4x4, 7.3 6 Speed Hydra, CTS2, S&B Air, 4'' SS Diamond Eye

2005 Explorer XLT 4x4 Mountaineer,
Toyo ATs, Wife's grocery getter

1993 F150 4x4, 302 5 speed, winter truck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SparkyF250 For This Useful Post:
fordsvtparts (08-08-2019)
post #3 of 3 Old 08-08-2019, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 757 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
PM me your VIN if you ever decide look at the OEM stuff
SparkyF250 likes this.

We are Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake selling all OEM Ford parts at employee prices (formerly Tousley)

Call us at 1-800-328-9552 (be sure to mention this website when calling)
OR check out our website

I'll meet or or beat any price on OEM parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode