Lift Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-18-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
MSM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lift Question

I have a 2000 F350, 7.3 that I bought new and is stock except for a 2" leveling spring pack in the front. In the rear I have a 4" block and a 1.5 or 2 inch block on top of that, which is stock from the factory.

My question is: How much more of a lift will I get front and back with a 6" lift? The lifts I am considering have a 6" block for the rear and new springs for the front. Does the new 6" block in the rear go on top of what is already there or replace what is there? It would seem that I would hardly get any lift in the rear if I removed what is almost 6" of blocks already and installed the new 6" block. I would assume that the new springs in the front would give me 4 additional inches of lift over what I have now with the 2" level?

Trying to decide if it will make much difference over what I have now if I put the 6" lift on. Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1602.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	720057  

Last edited by MSM; 06-18-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-18-2019, 08:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 542 Post(s)
The 6" leaf springs will give you about 4" over what you have now. In the rear I wouldn't use a block taller than 6", you can combine a block with an add a leaf or new spring pack to get the lift you want. You may be better off purchasing everything speratley, that way you know what you are getting. Traction bars are also a good idea, with that much lift. PMF suspension offers a rear traction bar and lift block combo.

00 f250 ext. cab, lb, 4x4, 158,000, zf 6 speed, South Bend 1944ofe, 4 in lift, 315/75/16 Courser MXTs, rear Detroit locker, PMF traction bars, Full Force 180/80 injectors, php hydra, Riff Raff frx, Riff Raff billet compressor wheel, Dieselsite pre pump kit, Dorman up pipes,IAH delete, ccv mod, 6637 filter, Auto Meter gauges, scan guage 2, 4 in diamod eye straight pipe 6 in tip.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-19-2019, 04:19 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dude that is a clean looking truck!! Nice to see one in great shape like that one.

For your questions: I would suggest a full spring lift front and back. This prevents any other issues (^^^as above) so you know what you are getting. Not to mention running a 6" block in the rear is asking for driveline vibrations that will make you need to chase that dragon. As above: Look into traction bars to help prevent axle wrap which is key to stopping driveline vibrations.

OneUpOffroad has a decent selection of traction bar kits that include lift blocks to get the whole back end lifted and secure with the traction bars. For the cost the traction block/bars are expensive but they could be compared to using new lift springs which a good set of springs run about the same in pricing.

Officially The Biggest Midget In The Game

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-19-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
MSM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Thank you for the replies. If I decide to go forward I will probably go with an all new spring lift, front and back, based on what you guys advised. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode