Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Leveling Kit

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  CONTINGEN-SEA 
#1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to get the Powerstroke brain trust input. I am adding a 1.5 inch leveling kit on my 2013 F35O SRW. I am going with the 1.5 as I have a Cabover camper and I prefer not to have the California look (I'd go big lift but that would make it impossible to carry the camper). That being said I have a buddy who did a 2.5 inch leveling kit and says it tore up his front end and he has spent a ton of time and money trying to get it right (I just put him onto this site...and he is kicking himself for not looking into this). Doing searches and reading up on here, general consensus is 2.5 or above you need to be concerned with losing to much positive castor....causing death wobble and sloppy steering. However before I dive into this I just thought I'd throw it out there and get confirmation on my research. 2013 Bone stock. Thanks for any and all input.

#2 ·
It's always advisable to get a alignment check after doing a lift/leveling of the truck. With that said, a 2.5" kit when used with either a trac bar drop bracket/adjustable trac bar and (if needed) alignment bushings will get you into factory specs with no long term issues.

In a recent post a user stated his stock truck had about 4* caster that gave him issues. The dealership dropped the caster to under 3* and he loves the improvements.

#3 ·
It's always advisable to get a alignment check after doing a lift/leveling of the truck. With that said, a 2.5" kit when used with either a trac bar drop bracket/adjustable trac bar and (if needed) alignment bushings will get you into factory specs with no long term issues.

In a recent post a user stated his stock truck had about 4* caster that gave him issues. The dealership dropped the caster to under 3* and he loves the improvements.
Good info thanks. I for sure will be going to the local shop that is known for being the alignment gurus after I install it. I just wanted to double check that on 1.5 level I didnt need trac bar drops and etc. The shop I ordered from stated that it's just a insert spacer, get alignment and go. I was suspect so I though I'd ask. Thanks again

#4 ·
Hello. What did you finally do? I'm also a new member to the forum and I just posed a similar concern regarding my 2019 F-250. I'm about to install a 2" block to the front coils with no other modifications.

Same situation with a friend that has a 2.5 Ready lift and I'm not sure if it is the alignment,kit, or install; but the steering is not nearly as nice to drive as my stock truck. I would go as far as saying that it too is sloppy.

#7 ·
Not saying it's the issue but the Adaptive Cruise has that big sensor up front. Maybe its just a tad out causing his steering to seem touchy? Doesn't it do the whole lane assist thing where you are veering out...it shakes the steering wheel??

#8 ·
I know the lane assist vibration you are referring to, but it's definitely not that. His steering with the Redylift 2.5" and the 35's feels significantly different than my stock truck.

I understand there will alway be a some change but I'm looking to minimize it as much as possible. I'm going to put in the 2" coil block, alignment, and see how it goes. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

#9 ·
UPDATE: Put in the 2" block coil spacer from Rough Country, and had the truck aligned by Ken Heiman's Alignment Factory in Miami (39 years specializing solely in alignment). Aligned the vehicle to factory specifications, but in order to get it absolutely perfect he changed out one sleeve/bushing to fully correct the caster and truck is spot on!

Truck drives exactly like it did from the factory. Hope this helps anyone looking for similar results.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.