3Likes
  • 1 Post By JustinOOO9
  • 2 Post By timlsalem
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Unread 10-22-2019, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What is your best average fuel economy???

Just curious to see which Powerstroke has had the best average fuel economy. This is purely for fun, I realize there are too many factors for this to be fair. There are also so many ways for this to be inaccurate, however this might be very interesting.

Let us know how your rig is set up and whether or not it has been deleted.

Alright... GO!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

844-487-2787

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
us for special pricing
Operating Hours: 9am-6pm EST Monday - Friday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Unread 10-22-2019, 08:29 AM
Serving Our Country!

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 1603 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My personal best happened in 2017. bone stock 1999 f250 4x4 short bed supercab 4x4 automatic with stock 265/75r16 highway tires going 65mph for about a 4.5hr road trip got 19.3-19.5mpg round trip. Few months after that installed level kit and 285/75r16s and now my best is 17ish. BUT... adding the tonneau cover and cruising nicely on the freeway I can hit 18ish mpg on the highway only. I average 14ish with mostly city driving now though.

There is one fella Big Dave who is a pioneer with ecomodding. He has a 2000 f350 6 spd 2wd with MANY AERO MODS. custom aerocap, front air dam, gear vender overdrive, higher gears in the rear, specialized LRR tires, slight tuning mods getting 26-27mpg highway. He shows all his work on the ecomodder forum and even trucktrend magazine did an article on him.

2000 Ford F350 Power Stroke Diesel Truck Mileage - Diesel Power Magazine
Dales Super Store likes this.

-99 F250, 4X4, 6.0 trans cooler, 08 mirrors, 05 grill, AIS Intake, lvl kit, JW Vbody, cncfab hpop lines, WW2.

04 Excursion Modified, 04 F350 Modified, 06 F350 Modified

Interested in learning something new?

"Its like me getting five 5 gallon bucks and throwing regular, mid, premium, #2 diesel and offroad diesel and then shooting a roman candle at each one to show which ones burns better."
post #3 of 7 Unread 10-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I have duel tanks and my best has always been if I make it to the next station before I run out.
18M_RWR and Dales Super Store like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Unread 10-23-2019, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlsalem View Post
I have duel tanks and my best has always been if I make it to the next station before I run out.
HA HA AWESOME!

844-487-2787

us for special pricing
post #5 of 7 Unread 10-23-2019, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
My best was 20.5mpg all highway for several hundred miles at 75mph. 2008 CC, SB, 4x4. Stock tire size and no lift. Only mods were DPF delete with DPF+R on eco tune. Needless to say, before the delete the best I could get was 14-15mpg all highway.
post #6 of 7 Unread 10-23-2019, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onecrazyfoo4u View Post
My best was 20.5mpg all highway for several hundred miles at 75mph. 2008 CC, SB, 4x4. Stock tire size and no lift. Only mods were DPF delete with DPF+R on eco tune. Needless to say, before the delete the best I could get was 14-15mpg all highway.
That's quite a jump although I'm not surprised. The hotter tunes are the way to get the best economy. What a shame all the choking pollution control equipment won't removable in the near future. The EPA is really making it difficult.

844-487-2787

us for special pricing
post #7 of 7 Unread 10-23-2019, 09:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dales Super Store View Post
That's quite a jump although I'm not surprised. The hotter tunes are the way to get the best economy. What a shame all the choking pollution control equipment won't removable in the near future. The EPA is really making it difficult.
Yeah, I would love to see a trade study comparison if it really is better for the environment to burn 25% more diesel fuel with the EPA emissions in tact...compared to no emissions and burning much less fuel. I can't imagine it's any better for the environment for the refineries (huge smog polluters) to produce 25% more fuel...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in