64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 Old 05-09-2018, 09:29 AM
Fuel it up again Dummy

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 1682 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Too humid in Tennessee for me at this point in my life. I will honestly say California is about as good as God could have possibly done. You have such a mild climate throughout the valley floor which was from ice that plowed the entire state all the way to the Grapevine mountain range.
Then you have the coastal mountain range in the mid state and 100 miles east you have of the Sierras that run the entire states length.
The state has every different environment and climate that you see across the entire country. No humidity no radical weather like hurricanes or tornadoes and we also have the biggest trees on the planet in the state.
You are two hours away from skiing in the Sierras or countless lakes in the state for boating. Then you have the Pacific coast for 800 miles that has not a single area that isn't amazing to look at. Well until you hit LA. LOL

Yea we have our problems and its all a kickback because of the states population. Then Moonbutt Azz Wipe Brown thinks we need to just let all the flea bitten rodents to our south should come as they wish. I can go on all day about politics us older Americans have deep opposition to but its a mute point. John Galt keeps everyone abreast of whats going on in the region.

But its a gorgeous state and from my front lawn I see the Sierra mountain range for 300-400 miles North to South and 60 miles away and other direction is the coastal mountains. Its truly a beautiful place that has so much to see.
As far as the earthquake goes yea there is some truth to it. We are on two major faults the one that has stacked the entire Sierra mountain range. Then cutting through the valley running up our coast is the Pacific Rim of Fire and its responsible for all the coastal mountains. This is also the fault with the nasty reputation for doing the most damage in the state. But the mantle in California is extremely broken up from millions of earthquakes. So they don't actually yank you around like other places in the country. I was in our cabin almost 20 years ago when I heard a awful growl outside. Looked at my wife and asked her what the hell was that and I felt the whole cabin go straight up and come right back down did it two times almost like a wave. Was the strangest EQ I ever felt. Knocked three posts off their foundation and actually buckled the back wall of the place where the floor tied into foundation. I actually watched the wave across the trees to the nearest ridge. Squirrels had to of been thrown out of the trees that day. I put the posts back on their foundations with screws and just continued drinking.
The EQ really are not bad here in the state because the plate we are on is blasted already.. But SF is gonna pay for stacking 70 story towers across its city soon enuf. Thats the fault moving to our North and its a Yanker. San Andreas is the slipping fault and I pass over the fault everytime I go up to place in the mountains.

2006 F250 LARIAT CCSB 4X4
6.0 Diesel w/80K 6/19

ARP Studs, O-Ringed Heads
Stage I KC Turbo 10V
DC Power 270XP Die Hards
6.4 Starter, BPD Waterpump
FASS 125 Titanium w/Adj. Press Reg
3 CAC Pipes & CSF 7106 I.C.
4 Diamond Eye SS Exh System
W/two 4 SS Diamond Eye mufflers.
IPR Coolant filter w/ Manifold
CAT EC-1 coolant
SCT X4 ECM Rollback & PHP Tunes
100HP Hercules & 65HP Tow Tune
Icon/Deaver Suspension
Toyo M/T 38/15.50/18
1,000lbs or more other crap too

Last edited by mhatlen; 05-09-2018 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Throw in the EQ realities in the state.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 Old 05-09-2018, 09:37 AM
california deplorable

Mentioned: 429 Post(s)
Quoted: 3121 Post(s)
i kinda want to check out tenn. i still have hope the dolts in charge here can be led to water.
problem has been when they are led to water instead of drinking they try to take it over and restrict my use of it and declare what days i may or may not water and where and for how long i can wash my truck and...
this line of thought is ONLY going to serve to drive my blood pressure up
mhatlen and SparkyF250 like this.

I like mead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

early 04 f350 6.0 cclb lariat sr
Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FederalOwnershipRespectfullyDeclined

post #23 of 41 Old 05-09-2018, 10:38 AM
california deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatlen View Post
Too humid in Tennessee for me at this point in my life. I will honestly say California is about as good as God could have possibly done. You have such a mild climate throughout the valley floor which was from ice that plowed the entire state all the way to the Grapevine mountain range.
Then you have the coastal mountain range in the mid state and 100 miles east you have of the Sierras that run the entire states length.
The state has every different environment and climate that you see across the entire country. No humidity no radical weather like hurricanes or tornadoes and we also have the biggest trees on the planet in the state.
You are two hours away from skiing in the Sierras or countless lakes in the state for boating. Then you have the Pacific coast for 800 miles that has not a single area that isn't amazing to look at. Well until you hit LA. LOL

Yea we have our problems and its all a kickback because of the states population. Then Moonbutt Azz Wipe Brown thinks we need to just let all the flea bitten rodents to our south should come as they wish. I can go on all day about politics us older Americans have deep opposition to but its a mute point. John Galt keeps everyone abreast of whats going on in the region.

But its a gorgeous state and from my front lawn I see the Sierra mountain range for 300-400 miles North to South and 60 miles away and other direction is the coastal mountains. Its truly a beautiful place that has so much to see.
As far as the earthquake goes yea there is some truth to it. We are on two major faults the one that has stacked the entire Sierra mountain range. Then cutting through the valley running up our coast is the Pacific Rim of Fire and its responsible for all the coastal mountains. This is also the fault with the nasty reputation for doing the most damage in the state. But the mantle in California is extremely broken up from millions of earthquakes. So they don't actually yank you around like other places in the country. I was in our cabin almost 20 years ago when I heard a awful growl outside. Looked at my wife and asked her what the hell was that and I felt the whole cabin go straight up and come right back down did it two times almost like a wave. Was the strangest EQ I ever felt. Knocked three posts off their foundation and actually buckled the back wall of the place where the floor tied into foundation. I actually watched the wave across the trees to the nearest ridge. Squirrels had to of been thrown out of the trees that day. I put the posts back on their foundations with screws and just continued drinking.
The EQ really are not bad here in the state because the plate we are on is blasted already.. But SF is gonna pay for stacking 70 story towers across its city soon enuf. Thats the fault moving to our North and its a Yanker. San Andreas is the slipping fault and I pass over the fault everytime I go up to place in the mountains.
he's right...
we have had a few good shakers in the 18 years i have been here but our little chit box house rolls with it no problem most of the serious quakes are down south or in the gay area...Gods punishment for their inability to learn form their mistakes
the san andreas does some serious moving and shaking and mammoth mountain has had some crazy ties over the years there is a place you can hike to just off the road where you can see down into the fault line and the magma is usually 600 ' down
i was there once and you could see a glow at the bottom from the magma and they had like 600 eqs over the course of a weekend
where i am at we just have fisures from the rest of the state cracking up the north american plate is being slowly pushed under the pacific plate which means the bay area may one day be wiped from the face of the earth
of course i am a tad soured by those folks and their communist self centered ways being from tahoe when it was beautiful and now it is just the east bay ... but you can get a really good brie there now and they have fine wines
not a worthy trade off...
not by a long shot

then there is the rampant political corruption that allows the likes of "jerriatric moonbeem brownstone" to become gov... when he isn't qualified to run a 7-11

and the massive swell of illegals and gangs and cartels that come with them...
now even better armed courtesy of "OWEdolph the unrighteous"

the cities are truly filled with citiots who care for nothing but what they can get by hook or by crook and while LA is better than the bay area it is still off the reservation for lunacy at the highest levels

but the geography, the weather, and the variety of beauty in this state is unparalleled
we get more snowfall than anywhere on earth and hence have the best skiing out there. beautiful hiking, backpacking, lakes everywhere, rivers criss cross all over the place...
it is a natural wonder to be honest...
to quote one of my favorite movie quotes from silverado...
"there's nothing wrong with the land, it's just some of the people"

in the 60's before the invasion of east coats lieberal scum... there was no where better on earth. then they took over sanfranchithole and turned it into just that... a chit hole.
then they infested the north coast...a place i very much wanted to retire to at one time.
then they spread to la and so on holywierd with its out of touch self centered elite is an intellectual wasteland and a bastion of sociopaths yet it is still far better than the special kind of slef righteous scum you get from the grey area...
add to that the political corruption the constant redistricting to keep libtards in power and
well another favorite quote and i am sorry i forget the author...someone will recognize it..
"there is no after life for a place that started of as heaven"

yet i HAVE to believe that good can win over evil. that freedom, true freedom, still means something to some people. that somehow we can bring ourselves back from the brink and return this once greatest state to a place worthy of song a place where freedom and prosperity and kindness once again are the things found in the people who live here.
one final quote and i will climb back off my soap box...
"I have a dream. a dream of a land where people are judged by the content of their character"

I like mead

Bulletproof oil &egr, elc, sct x3, edge CTS, afe intake, blue spring, t-500, MTW stage 2, Vivians looney, 305 x55x20 bfg at ko's, 4 inch cat back, 4"BDS fox shocks and steering stabilizer, tri pilar gauge set, coolant filter, riff raff boots, new headliner, 7 inch touch screen w/back up, new carpet, near whole new interior,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 41 Old 05-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Fuel it up again Dummy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
he's right...
we have had a few good shakers in the 18 years i have been here but our little chit box house rolls with it no problem most of the serious quakes are down south or in the gay area...Gods punishment for their inability to learn form their mistakes
the san andreas does some serious moving and shaking and mammoth mountain has had some crazy ties over the years there is a place you can hike to just off the road where you can see down into the fault line and the magma is usually 600 ' down
i was there once and you could see a glow at the bottom from the magma and they had like 600 eqs over the course of a weekend
where i am at we just have fisures from the rest of the state cracking up the north american plate is being slowly pushed under the pacific plate which means the bay area may one day be wiped from the face of the earth
of course i am a tad soured by those folks and their communist self centered ways being from tahoe when it was beautiful and now it is just the east bay ... but you can get a really good brie there now and they have fine wines
not a worthy trade off...
not by a long shot

then there is the rampant political corruption that allows the likes of "jerriatric moonbeem brownstone" to become gov... when he isn't qualified to run a 7-11

and the massive swell of illegals and gangs and cartels that come with them...
now even better armed courtesy of "OWEdolph the unrighteous"

the cities are truly filled with citiots who care for nothing but what they can get by hook or by crook and while LA is better than the bay area it is still off the reservation for lunacy at the highest levels

but the geography, the weather, and the variety of beauty in this state is unparalleled
we get more snowfall than anywhere on earth and hence have the best skiing out there. beautiful hiking, backpacking, lakes everywhere, rivers criss cross all over the place...
it is a natural wonder to be honest...
to quote one of my favorite movie quotes from silverado...
"there's nothing wrong with the land, it's just some of the people"

in the 60's before the invasion of east coats lieberal scum... there was no where better on earth. then they took over sanfranchithole and turned it into just that... a chit hole.
then they infested the north coast...a place i very much wanted to retire to at one time.
then they spread to la and so on holywierd with its out of touch self centered elite is an intellectual wasteland and a bastion of sociopaths yet it is still far better than the special kind of slef righteous scum you get from the grey area...
add to that the political corruption the constant redistricting to keep libtards in power and
well another favorite quote and i am sorry i forget the author...someone will recognize it..
"there is no after life for a place that started of as heaven"

yet i HAVE to believe that good can win over evil. that freedom, true freedom, still means something to some people. that somehow we can bring ourselves back from the brink and return this once greatest state to a place worthy of song a place where freedom and prosperity and kindness once again are the things found in the people who live here.
one final quote and i will climb back off my soap box...
"I have a dream. a dream of a land where people are judged by the content of their character"
John my friend you out did yourself by your timespan and what shlt-hole direction that it went towards.

Oh God help me what the hell just happened. Is it really that bad ???
I really think I need to re-evaluate drinking heavy daily again. Joking really

Hey its not all bad all the time. Just look at the back of that truck of yours F the most of them bushwhackers......wait but I'm a Azz-hole. now whats that make me...... never mind.

6.0 Diesel w/80K 6/19

Stage I KC Turbo 10V
DC Power 270XP Die Hards
CAT EC-1 coolant
Icon/Deaver Suspension
Toyo M/T 38/15.50/18

Last edited by mhatlen; 05-09-2018 at 11:01 AM.
post #25 of 41 Old 05-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Garage
You go @jrcowboy 10 post and kicking arsss...

mhatlen, john galt and jrcowboy like this.

New 2019 F350 CCLB Platinum
Last Truck 2006 F350 CCLB KR

I'm out old man. I'm just a pecker-wood who lives in the woods with too many guns. Ya happy?"
post #26 of 41 Old 05-09-2018, 05:52 PM
california deplorable

Quote:
John my friend you out did yourself by your timespan and what shlt-hole direction that it went towards.

Oh God help me what the hell just happened. Is it really that bad ???
I really think I need to re-evaluate drinking heavy daily again. Joking really

Hey its not all bad all the time. Just look at the back of that truck of yours F the most of them bushwhackers......wait but I'm a Azz-hole. now whats that make me...... never mind.
its not all bad. or neither of us would be here
drink heavily...it's one of our better coping mechanisms.

and you my friend are many things, but an azzhole ... aint one of them.
in fact i should very much enjoy more of a sit down and have a beer one of these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgerMT View Post
You go @jrcowboy 10 post and kicking arsss...

thsts just how he rolls
BridgerMT likes this.

I like mead

post #27 of 41 Old 05-09-2018, 08:53 PM
Fuel it up again Dummy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post
its not all bad. or neither of us would be here
drink heavily...it's one of our better coping mechanisms.

and you my friend are many things, but an azzhole ... aint one of them.
in fact i should very much enjoy more of a sit down and have a beer one of these days

thsts just how he rolls
Our pathetic paths are bound to cross sooner or later. I will by all means buy the first round. But ill admit I'm a pussy when it comes to cops and being at that point a drunk azzhole in a larger form. So I will have to stop after the tenth or eleventh beer. lol
john galt likes this.

6.0 Diesel w/80K 6/19

Stage I KC Turbo 10V
DC Power 270XP Die Hards
CAT EC-1 coolant
Icon/Deaver Suspension
Toyo M/T 38/15.50/18
post #28 of 41 Old 05-10-2018, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,111 Times in 2,018 Posts
Mentioned: 428 Post(s)
Quoted: 3119 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Drinking heavily to cope only works if there are people around you tolerant enough to allow it.

Otherwise you are just another piece of wasted space drawing the life out of others.

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
So says the internet... ...and so it shall be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8orFord View Post
OK, thanks for the info. To show my ignorance, what is the problem with 3 nipples...
post #29 of 41 Old 05-15-2018, 12:14 PM
california deplorable

Quote:
Our pathetic paths are bound to cross sooner or later. I will by all means buy the first round. But ill admit I'm a pussy when it comes to cops and being at that point a drunk azzhole in a larger form. So I will have to stop after the tenth or eleventh beer. lol
i'll be honest i dont drive after two beers anymore because that probably puts you over the "legal limit" i dont really drink that much anymore...
could be part of why i am not coping better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_GD View Post
Drinking heavily to cope only works if there are people around you tolerant enough to allow it.

or smart enough not to stand in the way of it

Otherwise you are just another piece of wasted space drawing the life out of others.
hey ...now...
that just hurts

i like to think there is a difference between drinking heavily
and being a flat out lush

besides as i said i dont really drink that much anymore anyways but i have not decided if that is good bad or indifferent
mhatlen likes this.

I like mead

post #30 of 41 Old 05-15-2018, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 1164 Post(s)
Quoted: 1404 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
@Heavy_GD

Can I substitute my pic for the one when it was at UCC?

www.cncfab.us
john galt likes this.

[SIZE="3"]For all your ford powerstroke needs. If you dont see what you are looking for on the website, please use the contact page and shoot us a message or
Part numbers will help alot too if they are not on our site.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode